ASSOCIATE MANAGER, PRIVATE/GROWTH EQUITY – Vancouver
WHY JOIN BDC?
No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here and we think you’ll like it too.
The Associate Manager, Private/Growth Equity provides deal team support throughout the entire deal process: financial modeling, market research, due diligence, deal execution, portfolio company support and portfolio management/reporting. As well, the Associate will provide various other analytical, statistical administration support to the business unit by extracting a variety of financial data, conducting research and analysis, preparing a wide range of documents related to operational, financial and business reporting activities. He will also be instrumental in supporting the VP Private/Growth Equity in developing guidelines, business practices and ensuring respect of the investment strategy.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
Provide Deal Support:
Provide the Equity deal teams with adequate support during alignment, due diligence, investment underwriting through to disbursement and other actions leading to closing by:
- Registering referrals and proposals in our CRM/MIS internal system (CLICS), tracking and updating status of live deals, assisting deal teams with investment submissions and or amendments post deal via CLICS, ensuring adherence to internal Directives and KYC/AML standards and procedures.
- Performing detailed historical financial analysis and building dynamic financial models (including historical, pro-forma and forecast balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, capital structures, credit metrics, IRR) and various sensitivity analysis for key drivers of the financial model.
- Conducting market, industry, valuations and benchmark research and analysis.
- Performing research and analysis to identify potential risks and mitigating factors.
- Actively participating in the Equity Team’s Deal Alignment and Investment Review sessions
Provide Portfolio Management support:
- Provide adequate portfolio management support including working with portfolio companies on mandates, produce timely and quality account updates and annual reviews, write well-crafted amendments and other administrative tasks.
Ensure timely and accurate processing of tasks assigned by Equity VP/Managing Directors/Directors.
Continue to build collaborative relationships with the branch network, BDC and external partners.
- Ensure that all client needs are met by identifying opportunities for the BDC Financing and Consulting groups to serve customer needs and by maintaining a close knowledge of the capacity and expertise of the network.
- Contribute to the development of BDC’s G&TC portfolio by managing transactions as well as customer contacts/negotiations for G&TC activities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bilingual in French and English would be an asset – not a prerequisite
Willingness to train in Montreal/Toronto a few months before moving to position in Toronto/Vancouver
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance or equivalent
- Distinguished academic performance
- Minimum of two to three years of experience as an analyst in investment banking, private equity, equity research, strategic consulting or corporate finance
- Strong modeling skills and experience
- Research, accounting and business valuation skills
- Professional designation (CPA-CA, CPA-CMA, CPA-CGA, CFA or other designation) is an asset
- Knowledge of mezzanine financing and the private equity market is an asset
- Intellectual curiosity and an analytical mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated with the desire to work as part of a small team within a larger Financial institution with a varied service offering
- Flexibility and capability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Focused on team rather than individual success
- Commitment to integrity
- Open minded and positive attitude towards change
- Comfortable in challenging status quo, recommending change and adopting best practices i.e. internal processes.
- Provide suggestions and ideas for improvements to our scaling business unit
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At BDC, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.