Director, Private Equity & Mezzanine
Position Overview: This position resides within the Private Equity team and will be responsible for helping the team construct portfolios which meet the client’s needs for higher return alternative asset classes. This includes sourcing managers within the LBO, mezzanine, distressed and infrastructure spaces as well as sourcing unique structured and secondary portfolios and identifying new appropriate asset classes and structures.
- Make investment recommendations to the Team Leader or manager.
- Research potential investments and general partners, perform due diligence, prepare written recommendations and make presentations to Investment Committee.
- Negotiate and document transactions with a high degree of independence.
- Support legal department and operations to ensure proper execution of limited partnership agreements, calls and distributions.
- Make recommendations on amendments, consents and other ongoing partnership maintenance.
- Monitoring of managers and portfolio investments, including written reports.
- Maintain relationships with agents, bankers, general partners and other intermediaries. Travel required.
- Five or more years of experience evaluating investment managers or making related investments.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Good communication skills
- Creative and independent problem solving abilities
- CFA Designation
- Direct investment or lending experience preferred in addition to manager selection
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.