Manager of Investment Analysis
Forest City Realty Trust, Inc., is a NYSE-listed national real estate company engaged in commercial and residential real estate throughout the United States. Forest City Associates are committed to creating superior communities where people LIVE, WORK, SHOP and STAY!
We are searching for a talented Investment Analysis Manager to be based out of our corporate office located in Cleveland, Ohio.
The Manager of Investment Analysis assists the Director of Investment Analysis in supporting the analysis needs of the Development organization. He/she is actively involved with senior leadership and field developers to interact, underwrite, and analyze all potential developments and acquisitions. The Manager of Investment Analysis assists in the preparation of materials and analyses for partners, Investment Committee and other internal and external customers including assisting Development Reporting and Cost Control groups as needed. Visibility for this position is high and the Manager will be shoulder to shoulder with the Development team when interacting with external stakeholders, public partners, JV partners and internal senior management. The Manager of Investment Analysis is expected to be prepared to learn and perform in a fast-paced environment and must have strong communications skills as there is regular communication with internal and external stakeholders. This role is expected to be a self-starter and will often need to work with limited supervision to achieve their goals and objectives. The Manager of Investment Analysis is the go-to analyst for all of the analysis in an office, region or product line and will often be reviewing and directing other analysts' work. May provide daily supervision to Senior Investment Analysts and/or Investment Analysts.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining complex models relating to land development projects and large scale mixed-use projects or redevelopments that may involve entitlements, infrastructure, land takedown, public and private financing, waterfalls, promotes and priorities. These kinds of projects range in size from ~500,000 square feet to ~5 million square feet and can span as much as 25 years in timeframe. The analyst will be expected to attend meetings alongside the development team with internal and external stakeholders and be able to talk fluently about the analysis.
- Responsible for financial modeling of joint ventures and acquisitions. Generally, this is an individual effort but Development Analysis team members and others may be enlisted to provide information in order to compile and formulate modeling/analysis. Projects of this nature are highly sensitive and a great effort of discretion and confidentiality much be exercised.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining pro-formas (Investment Packages). The information is gathered and compiled internally from developers, VP tax credits, residential and commercial management team, marketing, real estate tax group, construction, legal and capital corp. Outside sources for information include cities/municipalities/states/federal programs, consultants, outside counsel, brokers, among others.
- Work with Director of Investment Analysis and Senior Investment Analysts to perform portfolio-level analysis.
- Perform variance analysis to communicate and explain changes from benchmark and prior investment packages.
- Support Development project team in preparing materials for Investment Committee.
- Manages staff; answers inquiries and questions; trains and coaches for success. Provides feedback to associates through both formal and informal performance discussions.
- Provide partner reporting and analysis as needed.
- Support the Development Reporting and Project reporting teams as needed.
- This position requires an Undergraduate Degree in Finance
- Additional degrees that are preferred for this position include: Master Degree in MBS; Finance.
- 8-10 years of required experience in complex Financial Modeling/Underwriting.
- 3-4 years of experience in Real Estate Deal Structuring to include carried and promoted interest for partnerships, public financing such as tax increment bonds and financing, bonding tax flow streams etc.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex variance analysis results (why they have occured and impacts) to stakeholders.
- A preferred certification for the position include: CPA.
- Required skills for the position include: financial modeling, quantitative analysis, accuracy, Excel, collaborative, personal accountability, problem solving, and collecting information
- This position requires up to 50% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/5c8r4d4s7rzd6389