Equity Research Analyst
Indus Capital Partners, LLC is an employee-owned international alternative investment management firm, offering long/short and long-only equity strategies investing primarily in the Asia Pacific region including Japan and emerging markets. We're currently searching for equity research analysts with strong experience analyzing companies in the Japanese equity market to join our team in Tokyo, Japan.
- Directly support Senior Equity Research Analysts with research projects
- Perform fundamental research and analysis to understand a company or industry, create and maintain and conduct industry reviews
- Blend qualitative understand of business models and industry structures with detailed quantitative company analysis to assist PM in reaching investment conclusions.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- 2-3 years of experience within financial services (asset management, investment bank or private equity) analyzing companies in the Japanese equity market, preferably on the buy side
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge of financial modeling and financial statements
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills with clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Be fluent in both Japanese and English. Ability to speak/read Mandarin strongly welcomed
- Self-starter attitude with a high level of enthusiasm for equity research and desire to become a producing analyst
- The ability to perform under pressure and meet demanding deadlines
- Excellent skill in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- CFA charterholders or candidate a plus
- Willing to relocate to our Tokyo, Japan location