Equity Research Associate
Indus Capital Partners, LLC is an employee-owned international alternative investment management firm, offering long/short and long-only equity strategies investing primarily in the Asia Pacific region including Japan and emerging markets. We're currently searching for equity research associates with strong experience analyzing companies in the Japanese equity market to join our team in Tokyo, Japan.
- Recommend long/short and long only investment opportunities within the Japanese equity market to Portfolio Managers
- Perform fundamental research and analysis to understand a company or industry, create and maintain sophisticated financial models, conduct industry reviews, develop management and broker relationships.
- Blend qualitative understand of business models and industry structures with detailed quantitative company analysis to assist PM in reaching investment conclusions.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting. A MBA is a plus
- 4-5 years of experience analyzing companies in the Japanese equity market, preferably on the buy side
- Must have strong experience performing in-depth financial analysis, analyzing earnings potential, cash flow generation and debt profile by building financial models, sum-of-the-parts, CDF calculations and updating industry, stock specific reports and recommending investment opportunities to Portfolio Managers
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills with clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Be fluent in both Japanese and English
- Self-starter attitude with a high level of enthusiasm for equity research
- The ability to perform under pressure and meet demanding deadlines
- Excellent skill in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- CFA charterholders or candidates preferred
- Willing to relocate to our Tokyo, Japan location