Director - Investment Manager
The person we are looking for should be an Investment Manager who has experience and knowledge in financial assets, particulalry pharm stocks. He/she will also be a manager and director in the company which is privately held with a sole shareholder.
Initial responsibility will be to operatonalise a new office in Schwyz Canton and once your feet are under the table you will be overseeing the existing Fund Manager they have in Cyprus. Moving forward we expect you to take the lead on all investments and grow a team around you that will make the office operational.
The risk appetite of the firm is balanced. The firm has some ong term investments but we would look at you to engage in a short term trading startegy.
All transactions made must be backed up by both quantitative and qualitative evidence.
The company is relatively small but part of a larger group with significant portfolio value and transactions.
- Act as a Director of the company
- Daily research and study of pharmaceutical companies which are quoted on US and various stock exchanges in order to identify possible investments
- Invest in public companies and funds via instruction to a broker
- Control and oversee decisions made by the existing fund manager and confirm his decisions (i.e. the current fund manager will send his daily planned transactions with a brief description and his rationale and the successful candidate will confirm)
- Build and manage a team of up to 4-5 people.
- Min 5+ years previous relevant experience in a similar position
- Background in financial assets trading (i.e. securities, bonds, ETF's) preferable with a pharma background
- CFA certified or similar with relevant knowledge and experience
- Relevant university degree (economics, finance etc)
- Previous experience in a managerial position
- Fluent in English both verbal and written
- Excellent user of MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of Bloomberg software is advantageous
This is a great opportunity to grow something significant. If your intersted I would love to hear from you.
This is a role based in Switzerland so only those eligible to work in Switzerland will be considered. The client will not be relocating individuals for this role.