Investment Risk Manager
Our client is a global investment management firm with an established institutional and retail client network. They are currently looking to hire an Investment Risk Manager to work directly for the Head of Investment Risk in APAC. This function is responsible for identifying key risks and providing strategic input to regulatory topics and portfolio analysis. You will work closely with the investment teams in Asia and have the opportunity to further your risk management knowledge.
- Quantify, analyse and challenge investment risks within the equity business across APAC
- Provide thematic risk reviews, analysis and recommendations to key stakeholders within the investment teams, risk committees and wider risk function
- Establish relationships with relevant investment team managers and portfolio managers, as well as embedded / first line of defence risk resources
- Oversee activities within the first line of defence to ensure risk controls and frameworks are meeting expectations
- Act as consultant to the portfolio managers on new risk controls for new products
- Lead activities related to the equity risk committee and APAC equity product committees
- University degree plus professional or post-graduate qualification (such as FRM, CFA, MBA) preferred
- 8 years' + experience in equity markets, either gained as risk manager, investment risk manager, product or fund manager
- Knowledge of equity market valuation and pricing
- Confident communicator and comfortable with providing challenge to the business
- Significant knowledge of risk measures and methodologies (duration, VaR, stress testing)
For a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities, please contact David Richardson on +852 2973 6333 or email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.