Business Support Analyst
- Assisting a Relationship Manager (RM) with relationship management and development, product knowledge, sales research and client acquisition.
- Obtain and review relevant account on-boarding due diligence documentation from customers and liaise with Customer Services & Compliance Departments to ensure timely completion of the on-boarding processes.
- Evaluate credit proposals and prepare credit applications for review by the RM prior to submission to the Risk Department for appraisal.
- Act as first line of defence in dealing with customers and other counterparties.
- Monitor daily excess report and prepare required responses/explanations for the RM review.
- Monitor renewal dates of facilities, obtaining necessary information from customers and processing renewals on timely basis.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the Business/Bank.
- Assist the RM in conducting annual review of customer files for assigned portfolio.
- Identify opportunities to improve the Bank's products, processes and service to customers.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by your line Manager.
Key Skills & Competencies
- An understanding of corporate banking and trade products and services.
- Good knowledge of the credit application process and credit risk policies and procedures.
- Experience in managing internal stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience in a control and rigour environment including risk management.
- Proficiency in interpreting financial statements and navigating spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Minimum education level - relevant first degree (MBA will be an advantage).
- Minimum of three years' experience in a similar role or Corporate/Commercial Banking or Trade Finance.
- Professional Credit Analyst Certification or CFA, ACCA/ICMA will be an advantage.