Portfolio Manager - 12 Month FTC
- Design and implement bespoke solutions based on client specific objectives
- Act as the primary sponsor and relationship contact for the solution, internally and at client meetings/pitches.
- Liaise closely with Portfolio management, Risk, Strategy and Investment Solutions and manager research teams in order to develop and deliver the best solutions for clients.
- Contribute to the growth of the business, working alongside the Sales team to progress the pipeline of opportunities.
- Help oversee transitions from an investment perspective for new client solutions and portfolio changes.
- Review performance and risk management for client portfolios and underlying sub-investment managers.
- Interact with Client servicing teams to coordinate client reporting including the accurate and timely provision of investment and portfolio data as well as strategy and performance commentary for factsheets and client reports.
Our Ideal Candidate
The following attributes, skills, experience and qualifications are required for this role:
- Substantial experience within an investment environment (e.g. investment consulting or asset/investment management).
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- An understanding of institutional investors' objectives and strategies.
- Ability to work effectively within in a small, dynamic team.
- Exposure to large asset transitions desirable.
- Some experience and understanding of investment guidelines and associated legal documentation.
- Good at building and sustaining internal and external relationships.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Exposure to manager research process of benefit.
- Solid understanding of investments and related issues.
- Solid understanding of current investment environment and related issues.
- High-level attention to detail and an understanding of its application to the bigger picture.
- CFA, CAIA, Actuarial qualifications preferred, or Masters equivalent.
- Degree qualified - a strong undergraduate degree majoring in Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Business, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Science or similar discipline is essential.