If you have a strong background in fixed income portfolio management and/or trading, including short-term money markets, Treasury, Agency, mortgage-backed securities and/or interest rate derivatives as well as proven leadership experience, then apply for the Bank's Associate Treasurer opening. The Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines seeks an Associate Treasurer to manage key aspects of the Bank's funding, investment and hedging activities. This individual will work closely with Treasury staff, other departments and external parties to identify relative value opportunities and develop strategies for the daily execution of borrowing, investing and hedging activities. This position will be responsible for managing an effective team and representing Treasury through interaction and communication with internal and external constituents.
* Manage key aspects of the Bank's daily liquidity management, debt issuance (funding), investments and derivatives.
* Develop, define and implement a framework to be utilized in the daily management of capital market activities and assess the impact of business decisions.
* Ensure consideration of market "best practice" in managing daily activities.
* Provide tactical and strategic recommendations to the Treasury team, ALCO and other departments, supported by analysis as market events/strategic direction warrants.
* Provide clear and concise reporting of potential strategies while analyzing the adherence to regulatory and Bank policy limits.
* Increase department efficiency through process analysis and overseeing the testing and implementation of technology solutions.
* Complete special analysis projects in a timely and accurate manner as market opportunities or conditions change.
* Manage and develop high performing team members through communication, feedback, coaching and performance evaluation.
* Ensure a sound control environment exists on and around key processes and spreadsheets (particularly high risk and SOX related).
* Work effectively with internal and external customers, including treasury, portfolio strategy, risk, accounting and regulators.
* Other duties and/or projects may be assigned.
* A Masters degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field, or CFA designation.
* Minimum of eight years of experience in fixed income portfolio management and/or trading, including short-term money markets, Treasury, Agency, mortgage-backed securities and/or interest rate derivatives.
* Five to seven years of relevant management experience.
* Expert knowledge with the markets and an understanding of finance, economics, accounting, investment, and banking principles and practices.
* Expert knowledge of Bloomberg, TradeWeb, Intex, PolyPaths, Principia and/or other analytical tools utilized in the trading and analysis process.
* Familiarity with generally accepted financial accounting principles, especially those related to investments, debt, financial hedges and off-balance sheet financial instruments.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate high level strategies and financial performance goals in a clear and concise manner.
* Attention to detail is helpful. Must also be able to work independently with minimal supervisory guidance.