Strategic Product Development - Asset Management
Strategic Product development – Job description Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM), manages about $500bn client assets across a broad array of investment options in all major asset classes with active fundamental and systematic strategies. The firm has been investing heavily in broadening out the product platform and investment capabilities to serve its expanding global client base. The newly created Product Development team within WFAM is responsible for identifying client needs early and rapidly conceiving of and developing market-leading solutions that embody the best investment thinking in the industry.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Create and manage a robust process for ideation, informed by client needs, the market, secular trends/themes, and the firm’s best thinking;
- Evaluate potential ideas from an investment and commercial perspective for both US and global markets;
- Design, research, and test new product solutions;
- Maintain a product development roadmap that provides transparency to the organization on product priorities;
- Manage a newly created forum that brings together firm leadership in product, investments, distribution, and operations to set priorities and allocate resources;
- Lead product strategy efforts where the firm is considering entering a new area or repositioning an existing offering.
- Challenge the status quo to improve WFAM’s competitive positioning and best serve the evolving needs of our clients.
The Positions: We are seeking product development professionals at the SVP, VP, and Associate/Analyst levels to join the newly formed Product Development team. These positions will report to the Head of Strategy & Product Development. The successful candidates will lead and manage activities focused on idea generation, and design, research, and testing of new product solutions from prototype to final product.
The positions will also work closely with the strategy team and other professionals within the business to ensure that new products are aligned with priority business goals in the context of rapidly evolving industry trends.
Available positions are based in San Francisco and Boston, with salary and relocation package terms commensurate with experience.
The Candidate: The successful candidate must be a collaborative team member capable of initiating and managing action. S/he will have exceptional problem solving skills and be an effective communicator who relies on rigorous analysis and data rather than conventional “wisdom” to inform actions. The role requires both a high degree of financial acumen as well as a sense of urgency and a passion for results.
- 15+ years of relevant experience for the most senior roles; 3+ years of relevant industry experience for the most junior role
- Bachelor’s degree with an exceptional academic record in a quantitative discipline; MA/MBA/PhD a strong plus; CFA Charterholders and CFA candidates are also highly valued
- A passion for and deep knowledge of investment products and solutions gained through investment or product roles in asset management; expertise in one or more asset classes (e.g. equity, fixed income, private markets)
- Deep understanding of the investment needs for one or more of the client segments we serve across institutional and intermediary channels
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Ability to lead workstreams, particularly in a highly matrixed organization; excellent work- planning skills
- Broad conceptual thinking skills with an outstanding ability to define and deconstruct problems and intuitively prioritize issues
- Strong research and analytical skills, with ability to synthesize and interpret data well
- Experience organizing and executing new product launches in a highly competitive and dynamic industry context
Contact Info: Please contact Brett.email@example.com with expressions of interest for these roles.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors