Corporate Credit Analyst
SWIB is seeking an experienced analyst to join its Public Fixed Income team. The credit analyst is a hybrid role incorporating fundamental credit analysis with supplemental involvement in the role of trader and portfolio manager. The analyst will be an integral part of a seven-person team managing a $5 billion investment grade bond portfolio.
- Act as the in-house expert within assigned industries.
- Share responsibility with portfolio manager for determining industry and issuer exposures (duration contribution, dollar weight and duration times spread) and making buy/sell/hold decisions.
- Assign and maintain internal credit ratings and outlooks based on fundamental factors including business risk, capital structure, and industry/macro trends.
- Monitor earnings results and relevant news.
- Generate and update credit reports supporting assigned ratings.
- Assess relative value across indenture, capital / legal structure, peers, industries, and ratings.
- Generate trade ideas based on relative value, total return potential, price discovery, and liquidity.
- Participate in periodic fundamental and relative value review of issuers and sectors with members of the team to determine investment strategy.
- Exchange information on corporate bond markets with team members that manage other portfolios.
- Participate in presentations and meetings with various constituents to promote SWIB.
- Take a leadership role in sharing of information and professional development with team.
- Serve on organizational committees and special projects as they arise.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years of institutional investment experience; 10 plus years preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, CFA and MBA or business-related Master’s degree preferred
- PC proficiency with strong Excel, Bloomberg, and internet research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
- Competitive base salary
- Meaningful performance-based incentive compensation
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Educational and training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Challenging work in a professional, team environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to, the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.