Compliance - Senior Compliance Testing Officer \u2013 Vice President
Regulation, Compliance & Anti-Financial Crime
Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) protects the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank. It manages the Bank's risks and help to avert unintentional rule breaches and conflicts of interest. At the same time, we also advise the bank on ethical conduct and governance issues and keep the bank up to date on regulatory and political challenges.
As a Second Line of Defense function, the Compliance Department seeks to protect the Bank's licenses to operate by promoting and enforcing adherence with laws, regulations, rules, expectations of regulators, the standards of self-regulatory organizations, and codes of conduct/ethics in connect with the Bank's regulated activities, and driving a culture of compliance and ethical conduct in the Bank. It seeks to provide an independent and objective assurance to the Management Board of the Bank on the adequacy of the design and effectiveness of the Compliance risk control framework for the areas for which it has been allocate responsibility. Compliance also seeks to provide independent, proactive and forward looking challenge and advice to senior managers as well as all employees.
The primary focus of this role is to support the Regional Head of Compliance Testing and Compliance Testing (CT) Team Leader in the performance of CT reviews, ensuring the smooth execution of the CT Testing Plan. The key objective is to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls in relation to Compliance-owned risk types against internal policy and regulatory requirements. The activities must follow the CT global standards, framework, and methodology.
- Execute the CT Testing Plan, and ensure that testing activities undertaken are in line with prescribed requirements and delivered on a timely basis.
- Take a lead in the scoping of reviews and provide guidance to junior team members on the testing approach to ensure it is in line with CT methodology.
- Ensure issues raised are supported with adequate evidence.
- Update the progress of CT reviews accurately in the tracking system.
- Agree remediation actions with the relevant stakeholders and ensure that they are properly tracked to completion. This includes prompt follow-up on the remediation progress, validation of issues, timely identification and escalation of concerns and slippages.
- During the course of each review, establish relationships with key stakeholders, including those from Compliance, Front-Office, and other Infrastructure Groups.
- Sharing best practice and lessons learnt with CT colleagues across the region and globally.
- Contribute to Compliance plans through the delivery of CT objectives, and leading, or participating in, Compliance enhancement projects.
- Represent CT at relevant Business and Compliance governance forums as appropriate.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of banking and securities laws, regulations, directives, regulatory expectations, and risks affecting the Bank.
- Good appreciation of risk and control frameworks, with specific experience in controls testing.
- Experience in technical and product areas relevant to the activities of Deutsche Bank in APAC.
- Strong investigative and analytical skills.
- Ability to influence and communicate clearly and effectively on regulatory matters to key stakeholders at all levels.
- Effective team player who is receptive to the exchange of ideas and constructive feedback.
- Drive, discipline and enthusiasm to work independently under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Steadfast commitment with a strong desire to be successful in the role.
- Ability to generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo.
- A professional business attitude in the workplace.
- Multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Availability to travel occasionally for work.
- Minimum 7 years' testing, Compliance, auditing or regulatory risk management experience in a global financial institution, regulator and/or similar environment.
- Experience of relevant Businesses / Products is an advantage.
- Educated to degree standard. Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CPA, CFA) would be advantageous.
- Fluency in spoken and written English (and other languages) is essential.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Project, Visio, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience of the Corporate Finance business is desirable but not mandatory for the role.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.