Research Analyst - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
If you're looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Research Analyst.
In this role, you will
- To undertake independent, detail and objective analysis on global mutual funds and fund management companies and to assess their vulnerability to what could be considered as reputational risk
- Preparation both qualitative and quantitative research consistent with the prevailing quality standards on a regular and ad hoc basis via a multi-faceted approach
- Monitor and analyse the key developments in the financial industry and different asset classes including China
- Maintains Group internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Understand and follow relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the analyst involved, specifically any compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group compliance policy
- Exhibit flexibility in supporting the team and extending support wherever required.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Broad professional experience in international wealth management or asset management with relevant accreditation and prior experience to asset management companies, mutual funds, Discretionary Portfolios, Managed Solutions in Asia including China
- Familiar with regulations and practices in the developing and developed financial markets with in depth knowledge of investment and portfolio management concepts, techniques, strategies, modelling, controls and quantitative analysis
- Analytical detail mindset and articulate sources of risk by following a disciplined research process with professional writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate and connect remotely in discussing financial concepts and strategies in a concise and logical manner
- Positive team player and good time management skills, ability to multi task and complete high standard of accuracy independently within deadlines and shifting priorities
- University degree qualified, preferably in a finance related or numeric discipline. Qualified CFA, FRM or studying for the equivalent would be desirable
- Strong data analytics, problem solving and quantitative product skills, with experience working with excel and financial software tools for example, Bloomberg, Morningstar, Factiva, WIND
- Fluent English and Chinese are required including fluent Mandarin
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AQYC
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited