Investment Information Analyst
SWIB is seeking an Investment Information Analyst to join its Asset & Risk Allocation Division. The position is part of a centralized business team that supports the public equity, public fixed income, multi-asset, asset & risk allocation, private markets, and funds alpha teams. This position reports to the managing director of Asset & Risk Allocation.
- Understand the front office business and investment terminology necessary to fulfill requests for reports, data or application queries
- Develop adhoc reports, models, visualizations, or analysis for activities to support business decisions
- Execute investment business processes within systems (FactSet, MSCI Risk Manager, Aladin, Bloomberg, etc.)
- Facilitate the timely, accurate and concise delivery of investment information from the front office systems
- Collaborate to resolve technical and data support issues with the Front, Middle, and Back Office Operations and IT
- Act as a liaison between investment personnel and the supporting infrastructure regarding business process change management (IT, Operations, Legal, HR, Strategic Planning, etc.)
- Participate as appropriate in the development, testing and implementation of new applications, business processes and sourced data
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, computer science, computational economics, math, data science or a related program
- At least 3 years of experience with data analysis, investment analysis, or similar
- Experience with report writing, data visualization, Matlab, R language or similar
- Knowledge of the finance or investment industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, collaborative disposition, and commitment to excellence
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to, the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
Deadline to apply is April 30, 2018. Resumes will be accepted after that date if the position has not been filled.