Manager, Investment & Actuarial
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam, offering life insurance across its markets. In Hong Kong, FWD also provides general insurance, employee benefits, pension and financial planning services. FWD's strategic focus is to leverage technology to create fresh customer experience, deliver easy-to-understand products, and achieve its vision to become the leading pan-Asian life insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business arm of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities of FWD Hong Kong have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited has been affirmed ‘A3' by Moody's and ‘A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received ‘A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 487,000 customers with over 600+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
The incumbent has to support the AVP, Investment & Actuarial in delivering work within Investment, Actuarial and Finance departments. This role has the opportunity to cover multi-disciplinary and cross-departmental work for different functions within FWD Hong Kong & Macau (Life & GI)
- Provide a key link and act as a strong go-between for Investment, Actuarial and Finance functions
- Analyse, implement and manage derivatives program
- Analyse, implement and manage selected investment initiatives and asset ideas
- Assist in maintaining current proprietary investment portfolio for all asset classes
- Maintain knowledge and keep abreast with internal and external developments in Local HK statutory regime, HK RBC regime, Bermuda Capital regime, internal Risk Capital, internal Economic Capital, Embedded Value
- Understand the implications of these regulatory and market developments on Investment, Actuarial, Finance functions, and suggest actions where appropriate
- Maintain knowledge and keep abreast with developments in rating agencies, IFRS17, investment accounting
- Implement changes for Investment Asset Data
- Implement changes for collateral management process
- University graduate in Finance / investment / Mathematics / Statistics / Accounting related discipline preferred
- Attained or working towards professional qualifications (e.g. CFA or CPA or actuarial) preferred
- At least 5 years of related work experience
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills & problems solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (word, excel and power point)
- Insurance background is an advantage
- Self-starter and highly proactive & out-of-the-box thinker
- Willing to challenge existing practice
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.