Investment Officer II- Global Fixed Income- Sovereign/Macro Analyst
Our Global Fixed Income program is currently seeking an Investment Officer II to independently analyze sovereign issuers of dollar-denominated and local currency global bonds in the sovereign portfolio’s opportunity set, which extends from the highest-rated to below-investment-grade credit rated countries and drive our CalPERS mission.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assess macroeconomic, financial, industrial, institutional, political, and social strengths and weaknesses as they pertain to the ability to service global debt, expected price change, and market risk.
- Both independently and under the direction of the Investment Manager, gather, assemble, and provide high level investment analysis of economic and statistical data, as well as other information to assess the current global and US economic cycles to assist in the investment decision-making process.
- Emerging market fixed income and currency analysis.
- Update and maintain advanced modeling processes utilized in the Sovereign Portfolio including regression, correlation, and optimization models.
- Identify and investigate new information sources, analytical tools, and computer software.