Vice President, Asset Management
This $250mm RIA is an accomplished boutique financial services firm located in Southfield, MI. Established in 1997, they focus on three core areas of services: wealth management, alternative investments and business advisory services to qualified investors, both successful individuals and businesses. In partnership with Wealth Management, the Asset Management team provides a disciplined and team driven approach to investment management centered on long-term strategic allocation.
The VP of Asset Management is responsible for the oversight of Managed Accounts within the firm. Primary functions include investment management, client service and support of new business efforts. This individual will be charged with playing a key role in the development of the third party investment model, in addition to oversight of an internally managed active model. Both models will heavily utilize ETF’s. Other responsibilities include overseeing the development, implementation, maintenance and refinement of the department’s asset management strategies, security selections and risk management models. Additionally, assisting in the sales and marketing of the managed account platform as well as publishing periodic newsletters. This position also involves supervisory responsibilities with regard to training and mentoring department employees. As the department grows and flourishes, other initiatives pertaining to the growth and scalability of the platform may need to be developed.
- Responsible for the investment performance, reporting and strategic direction of the managed account platform ensuring that investment objectives are met
- Maintain awareness of new investment strategies, techniques and products through regular contact with other industry professionals and through internal and external research.
- Follow established investment policies and procedures including periodic account reviews and working to minimize and/or document exceptions.
- Ensure client allocations and risk/return characteristics are consistent with client objectives
- Responsible for the execution of tax management strategies, where appropriate.
- Identify potential process efficiency improvements and implement in coordination with the Operations Department.
- Create and maintain due diligence process for product offerings
- Publish periodic correspondence for managed account clients
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- Experience managing ETF’s within a portfolio and minimum 8 years asset management or buy-side experience
- Strong track record of investment performance
- Quantitatively oriented undergraduate degree (e.g., business, economics, engineering, math)
- Undergraduate degree required, and completion of CFA program and/or MBA from a top tier school with strong academic performance
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors