Credit Analyst - Banks
My clients credit research team undertakes corporate credit analysis of a wide universe of bond issuers - public and private companies, supranational agencies and securitised structures. Their aim is to provide benchmark beating performance to their portfolio managers by providing both accurate fundamental credit research and relative value recommendations to be adopted into by their team of portfolio managers
Overview of role
The EMEA team requires an analyst to undertake credit research specifically into bond issues from issuers in the banking sector.
The nub of the role is to be able to analyse and understand:
1) the legal structure of the deal;
2) the business risk profile of the business; and
3) the financial risk of the company.
An overall assessment of risk and valuation of that risk will then be communicated to the credit PMs using their proprietary framework. The successful candidate will be expected to work as part of a team with our entire desk to generate investment ideas.
A strong academic record is essential for this role. A first degree or upper-second with post-graduate degree and/or demonstrated progress through the CFA system (or equivalent) must be demonstrated. Particular attention will be paid to demonstrated research in educational history and/or previous work experience.
- Previous experience covering European listed and unlisted banks
- Ideally experience in fixed income markets, but other asset class (eg equity) backgrounds considered
- Understanding of and experience in analysing the entire bank debt capital stack from covered bonds through to additional tier 1
- Familiarity with banking industry regulation across Europe
- Ability to work with incomplete information
- Expertise with SNL and/or CapitalIQ, including excel add-ins