Senior Institutional Investment Consultant
- Investment “menu” construction, with a focus on passive investments selection and benchmarking
- Creation and maintenance of risk-based portfolios utilizing modern portfolio theory and mean variance optimization.
- Evaluate institutional investment portfolios based on performance, cost and tax efficiency
- Review and approve investment policy statements and other governance materials
- Develop and present performance reports, executive summaries and market updates to clients
- Participate in annual reviews for institutional clients, looking at appropriateness and results of investment advice given, client profitability, and client management (fee increases, projects, etc.)
- Market, manage or complete special fee client projects
- Actively participate in new business development, sourcing prospects through completion of Requests for Proposal (RFPs), gaining client referrals, and cross-marketing activities.
- Act as an industry thought leader through public speaking engagements and development of content for marketing materials, publications and social media posts
- Assist in the development of new products and services
- Participate in investment and product committee meetings
The individual who can fill this role will be customer-service oriented, motivated, and have at least a four-year college degree. A minimum of five years' experience in, institutional retirement plan, and general investment consulting with significant client-facing exposure is required. CFA or similar credentials are preferred; Series 65 license is required (can be obtained within 30 days of hire). This position requires a demonstrated ability to manage project workflow, communicate effectively and interact with clients, prospects, and coworkers and to successfully develop new business and maintain client relationships.
Candidates should possess a thorough understanding of Modern Portfolio Theory, including the fundamentals of asset allocation, manager selection, and investment performance evaluation. Must have broad familiarity with Excel, Powerpoint and Morningstar Direct, all of which are important for this role. The successful candidate must be willing to travel.
Candidates must demonstrate a strong work ethic and the ability to be self-motivated. This position requires both the ability to work effectively as part of a team and the ability to work independently. We seek candidates who can thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment.
Applicants must have U.S. work authorization. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and strives to provide equal opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation including gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran's status, marital status, domestic partner status, or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination laws.
Please send your resume and a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org We will review all submissions and contact only those candidates who meet the above requirements.