Analyst, RBC Rundle
What is the opportunity?
RBC Rundle (a part of RBC Capital Markets) specializes in corporate and asset divestitures and buy-side advisory mandates exclusively for energy clients domestically and internationally. Our firm has represented over 500 transactions and provided a broad range of other advisory services including fairness opinions, business and portfolio valuations, full corporate strategic reviews, and Joint Venture negotiations. Our platform leverages our strategic, technical and commercial capabilities to advantage our clients in their transaction efforts.
RBC is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual who has strong technical and inter-personal skills along with the desire to advance in a successful and continually evolving transaction advisory business.
Based in Calgary, you will be working with our team of Capital Markets professionals on a broad range of assignments. Primary duties will include asset characterization, economics and valuation work, preparation and marketing of asset and corporate opportunities, creating play and broader industry thematic pieces and ultimately presenting views to broad cross section of our clients.
What do you need to succeed?
- University degree in either engineering or geology
- One to three years of work experience with an understanding of the oil and gas industry and the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and database management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Accumap and/or GeoScout and engineering evaluation software (i.e. Value Navigator, PEEP or Mosaic)
- Ability to work independently and react to shifting priorities and changing timelines in a fast paced, dynamic team environment
- Strong and effective communicator with both internal and external audiences
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
Nice to have:
- Advanced technical degree or enrolment in or completion of a formal financial designation (i.e. CFA)
- Previous transaction advisory, capital markets or reserves evaluation / resource estimation experience
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on challenging ourselves to be our best, thinking progressively to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Opportunity to join RBC Capital Markets, Canada’s leading Global Investment Bank
- RBC ranks among the top five banks in North America by market capitalization and has one of the highest credit ratings of any financial institution in the world
- RBC will expose you to a wide cross-section of companies in the energy sector and will provide opportunities to work, interact, and build relationships with senior leaders across the industry