Sr. Project Manager
ROLE: SR. PROJECT MANAGER
BASIC FUNCTION: Manages priority projects related to risk and financial product innovation involving multiple internal and external experts and service providers.
Manages changes to project scope, schedule and costs, using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated and reflective of authorized project changes.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Lead and direct high priority projects often requiring considerable resources and high levels of functional integration from initiation to close. Ensure familiarity with scope and project objectives and establish clear roles and responsibilities for project team members.
Develop Project Plan, forecast and schedule. Work with Chief Investment Officer to record detailed project requirements, constraints and assumptions to establish project deliverables. Defining project scope, stakeholders, risks and issues.
Ensure plans for assigned projects include work breakdown, project organization chart, cost/budget and communication, risk, quality and resource plans.
Communicate project plans to affected parties to ensure a common understanding, set expectations and align stakeholders and project team members.
Ensure execution of tasks defined in the Project Plan to achieve the project goals. Execute all parts of the project plan and manage the budget/forecast. Monitor and control project work including change controls.
Measure project performance utilizing appropriate tools and techniques to monitor progress; identify and quantify variances, complete any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
Coordinate working group meetings, setting the agenda, preparing meeting materials, documenting minutes and ensuring clear ownership of action items. Implement approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events.
Improve project team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, training and motivating to facilitate cooperation and ensure project efficiency.
Understand and adhere to the Company’s policies and controls. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
Complete other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- 10+ years project and process management experience. Established track record of project delivery in a complex environment
- Sound knowledge of project management methodology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly an ability to negotiate, influence and gain consensus
- Regularly communicates verbally and in writing with management on status of initiatives, in a professional and understandable manner
- Strong analytical, structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to work individually as well as a member of a team
- Self-motivated, results-driven and strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under time constraints in support of various assignments
- Ability to execute tasks under aggressive targets and effectively manage to changes in plan
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary internal and external for business partner relationships
- Regulatory knowledge a plus
- Managerial experience a plus
More searches like this
- Banking Finance - General Part Time jobs in Masters
- Corporate Finance Finance - General Part Time jobs in Masters
- Hedge Funds Finance - General Part Time jobs in Masters
- Marketing and Public Relations Finance - General Part Time jobs in Masters
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Finance - General Part Time jobs in Masters