Senior Manager, Wholesale Credit Risk -Independent Model Review
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Wholesale Credit Risk role is based within Risk Management.
The role of the Senior Manager, Wholesale Credit Risk is to support Wholesale Credit Risk Lead and Regional Head of Europe the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Independent Model Review, who support Global and EMEA Wholesale Credit regulatory (IRB) models across all obligor classes including sovereign, banks, corporates and Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFIs).
The role requires engagement with various internal and external stakeholders at senior level with respect to approval of four new models for the Project
The job holder will need to:
- Conduct independent assessment of wholesale credit models including regulatory models developed as part of the Project.
- Produce review reports adhering to Independent Model Review (IMR) standards and processes as well as regulatory requirements, where he/she ensures effective challenges are made from both technical and non-technical (governance) perspective
- Engage and lead discussions with Global Risk Analytics (GRA) senior stakeholders based in London, including Group, Regional GRA heads (and business heads within Wholesale Credit and Market Risk (WCMR), when required) with respect to approval of new model or continued use of the existing model.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Carry out independent review on Wholesale Credit Risk models developed covered by the Project's scope used within EMEA and Group as necessary.
- Engage GRA modelling teams to conduct independent review of wholesale credit models developed for Global and EMEA usage (and other regions when required)
- Provide GRA modelling teams with insightful and constructive feedback that would help result in improvements of model
- Engage and provide timely responses to regulators and other industry bodies on independent review related matters
- Lead discussions with First Line of Defence (FLoD) stakeholders and ensure that all findings and recommendations are clearly understood
- Ensure effectiveness of IMR process at all times and keep abreast of latest quantitative techniques and industry trends
- Support establishing processes where quality assurance and controls are in place to enable deliverables are of good quality
- Implementation of best practice solutions as an expert for wholesale risk analytics
- Properly document and handover all documentation and analysis generated during the review execution phase.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Relevant product knowledge including excellent understanding of wholesale credit products and lending processes
- Experience working in relevant market
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. a master degree or higher in a quantitative subject
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. familiarity with quantitative techniques such as GLM, Survival Analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, Markov State Models, Economic Capital, Clustering and Optimization
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements such as Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR) CRD IV, PRA SS 11/13 for IRB models
- Past working experience on relevant systems, i.e. proficiency with SAS, R, Matlab, VBA
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. related certifications (CQF, CFA, FRM, PRM) are desirable but not essential
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered