Wealth Management - Operational Due Diligence Manager - Vice President
JPMorgan Wealth Management Investment Solutions team is seeking a mid to senior level operational due diligence professional, based in London. The operational due diligence professional will be a member of the Operational Due Diligence team within Wealth Management Investment Solutions. The team is responsible for performing operational due diligence on 3rd party investment managers on-boarded by our various due diligence teams (hedge fund, private equity, & traditional). This candidate's primary responsibility will be to support the operational due diligence process for European and Asian based investment managers. The candidate should have extensive previous experience performing due diligence on both hedge fund and UCITS investment structures.
- Execute on an operational due diligence process tailored to UCITS structures, traditional long only funds and hedge fund vehicles in EMEA and Asia
- Independently communicate with control functions including Risk and Business Quality Assurance to disposition their challenges and justify operational due diligence opinions
- Independently present operational due diligence findings to the Global and International Investment Review Committees as well as the Global Investment Performance Governance Committee and provide credible responses to any challenges presented
- Autonomously assess the business structure, operational processes, valuation practices, compliance policies, technology infrastructure, and counterparty/collateral management at third party investment managers, providing succinct analysis of issues for concern as well as proposals for improvement and / or rationale for terminating or not onboarding
- Apply extensive knowledge of global regulatory regimes in the formulation of a consistent framework for ODD across EMEA, Asia and LatAm and suggest a rationale for any deviations from this framework
- Assess suitability of service providers including fund administrators, third party UCITS platform providers, compliance consultants, and auditors based on prior knowledge of servicing requirements, costs and industry expertise of each of these entities
- Assume leadership of selected EMEA and Asia specific ODD projects across the business, potentially including the JPMPI IB initiative
- Develop ODD “brand” across EMEA as evidenced by hosting Q and A sessions across the business as well as speaking at off-site meetings
- Directly relevant operational due diligence work experience
- Experience to independently prepare for and lead operational due diligence onsite visits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presence to lead interviews with “C-suite” professionals
- Extensive knowledge of financial markets and various security types (including derivatives)
- Understanding of investment strategies, fund structures and regulatory regimes impacting on operational due diligence considerations
- Ability to thrive in a satellite office environment on a global team
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree or equivalent and/or CFA charter holder strongly preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase& Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.4 trillion, over 250,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management advises institutions, endowments, foundations and families through Asset Management and Wealth Management. Our Wealth Management business includes J.P. Morgan Private Bank, J.P. Morgan Securities and Chase Wealth Management.