Associate, Equity Research Analyst - Mining and Energy, Global Research, Sydney
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
We are seeking an Associate level analyst to assist in the coverage of the diversified metals & mining and oil & gas stocks. Ideally the successful candidate will have a strong technical background in mining or resources with a degree in mining engineering, metallurgical engineering or chemical engineering. Completion of CFA Level 1 or other financial qualification would also be viewed favourably. The ideal candidate should also have a solid knowledge of the major commodities, mining process and mining life cycle, close attention to detail and strong Excel/financial modelling skills. Proven research ability and good writing skills also a positive. Previous experience as a sell-side analyst, industry consultant or in industry would also be viewed favourably.
- Working in the Equity Research team your role will involve detailed industry level and company specific analysis of the Australia Mining and Energy sector.
- In the role you will have exposure to senior management of the listed companies, the opportunity to engage with key industry participants as well as to regularly meet with senior fund managers around Australia.
- Be able to contribute to writing research product and generating ideas.
- The role will also involve maintaining and developing databases / models and providing financial analysis for regularly published research and client requests.
- A strong understanding of the Mining and Energy sector, either through direct work experience or analytical research, including solid knowledge of the various major commodities, mining process and mining life cycle.
- CFA level 1 or other financial qualification preferred.
- Important to this role is an inquiring nature and ability to think logically whilst expressing your views both clearly and in an engaging manner.
- Strong modelling and database skills are also essential.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality, evidence-based projects or reports
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English
- Willing to promote your ideas and work to a variety of stakeholders
- Creative Thinking: Ability to generate new ideas and possibilities, and to see business opportunities from a novel perspective.
- Consulting Skills: Ability to provide business-related added value, including innovative approaches and new or improved solutions.
- Flexibility: The capacity to adapt approach in light of shifting priorities or changing conditions
- Team Orientation / Teamwork / Collaboration: The willingness to work as a member of a team.
Posting Date: 06/04/2018
Sydney, , 1 FARRER PLACE ,
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 38