Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
With general supervision, the Portfolio Analyst is responsible for producing reporting and analysis of portfolio analytics and attribution for the broad range of Invesco?s fixed income products. The Analyst should have a fundamental understanding of the attribution/contribution models and be able to provide a comprehensive explanation of the calculations/methodology behind the models as well as the factors driving performance. The Analyst must possess the ability to articulate responses to all levels within the organization (entry level to senior executive). The position will play a key role in the development of both current and next generation portfolio analysis solutions throughout Invesco.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Responsible for the creation, interpretation, and in-depth analysis of performance attribution results for Invesco?s global fixed income products (including ETFs, retail, and institutional accounts).
- Must have a basic understanding of market standard attribution models and analytical calculations and methodologies.
- Build an in-depth understanding of the intricacies and management philosophy of the Invesco products assigned.
- Develop a fundamental understanding of the fixed income attribution and risk models used by the Global Performance Measurement and Risk group.
- Communicating with all levels of business across Invesco to assess their analytical and attribution needs and utilize this feedback to create solutions.
- Assist with the identification, design, development, and implementation of new and existing analytical tools to improve the ability to explain performance attribution and characteristics of portfolios.
- Will need to be able to assess the importance of any given request or problem, manage the flow of information surrounding the item, and ensure proper resolution.
- Utilize quantitative tools to support ad-hoc requests.
- Assist in the reporting and analysis of portfolio and benchmark characteristics (including top holdings, sector/country breakdowns, growth/valuation metrics, etc.).
- Assist in the oversight and daily maintenance of portfolio analytics and attribution systems.
- Support the needs of the Performance Measurement & Risk Group as well as additional analytics and attribution stakeholders across the organization (Investments, Product Management, Marketing, etc.).
- Build a basic knowledge of the firm?s products and business lines.
- Participate in projects to improve global efficiencies within GPMR and Invesco.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- A minimum of two years of related experience in portfolio analysis, portfolio analytics, and/or performance measurement is required.
- Prior experience with fixed income and derivative instruments is required.
- Prior experience in Operations, Accounting, or Finance in the securities/investment industry is preferred
- Strong technology skills including the knowledge of investment analytics/attribution applications (such as FactSet, Point, Eagle, StyleAdvisor, Barra, Bloomberg, etc.) are preferred
- Knowledge of FactSet, Barclay?s Point, Bloomberg Port, and Eagle a plus.
- Programming skills such as VBA and R are also a plus.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- The ability to contribute in a team environment is critical
- Ability to conduct complex analysis and present data in a meaningful way
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, meet deadlines and concentrate on detailed information
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation
- Open minded, flexible, and able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor?s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or a related field.
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- CFA, CIPM, or MBA is desirable.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to noise, dust and temperatures.
- The ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects of up to 10 pounds is also necessary.
- Normally works a regular schedule of hours, however hours may vary depending upon the project or assignment.
- Hours may include evenings and/or weekends and may include 24 hour a day on call support by pager and/or cell phone.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.