Associate, Institutional Equity Research ( Real Estate Sector )
What You'll Be Doing
The Capital Markets arm of CIBC provides corporate, government and institutional clients with innovative solutions to help them raise capital, and grow and invest actively throughout North America and key financial centres around the world. To deliver on its vision to be our clients' preferred capital markets banking partner across multiple products and services, both in Canada and where our core competencies can be exported. The Capital Markets mission is to bring Canadian Capital Markets products to Canada and the rest of the world, and also bring the world to Canada.
The Equities team at CIBC Capital Markets understands what institutional investors value most: original ideas, top service and performance. Whether it's Bay Street or Wall Street, CIBC World Markets Inc. is there with the depth and breadth of product to advise on and execute the decisions of the investment community - anywhere in North America.
How You'll Succeed
Relationship Building - As a Research Associate the incumbent works closely with the Research Analyst covering Real Estate sector which involves industry and company analysis. The Associate will learn and develop a depth of knowledge for financial analysis and about the capital markets.
Financial Analysis - In the role, you will gain valuable experience in writing reports, developing and maintaining financial models, forecasting cash flow and earnings, researching financial companies and analyzing industry trends.
Client Engagement - In participation with the Research Analyst the incumbent will participate in quarterly conference calls with investors and analysts from competing firms to get direct data and interaction with the companies and industry senior management teams. The position also provides the opportunity to liaise with our Sales, Trading, Investment Banking colleagues and clients as required.
Who You Are
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- Education You've Completed. Please include a writing sample along with your cover letter, resume and transcripts (if recent graduate). Education: preference is given to candidates who possess a CFA, MBA or other business-related degree is an asset.
- Industry Experience. Work experience in Real Estate industries is our strong preference. Experience conducting financial analysis of companies in the Real Estate sector and general knowledge of the capital market industry, and economics. Strong background in accounting and finance is a preference.
- Technical Skills (Programs, Methodologies, Systems). Excellent knowledge of PC applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Collaborative. Ability to explain detailed financial and statistical analysis. Excellent analytical and quantitative skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with internal and external clients. Strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Detail Oriented. Ability to work independently in a deadline oriented environment. Demonstrated interest in the capital markets industry through school courses, clubs and/or related work experience.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- Often required to work beyond normal business hours.
- Required to make frequent decisions in a fast paced work environment