Equity Product Manager
The Equity Product Manager is an experienced investment professional who serves as an extension of the Institutional Portfolio Managers, with a focus on partnering with Eaton Vance distribution businesses. The Equity Product Manager ‘owns’ all marketing-related functions and acts as the first point of contact with Retail and Institutional marketing channels. He/she also serves as the principal conduit to deal with product issues related to Sales, Marketing, RFP, Legal and Compliance areas. He/she coordinates business questions from the field and helps to produce investment-related content contained in: pitch books, fact sheets, sales ideas, talking points, RFPs, websites, etc. The Equity Product Manager generates competitive and positioning analysis, assists with regular commentary production, and handles ad hoc attribution and presentation data requests.
- Maintains a comprehensive and ongoing understanding of all equity investment strategies and markets, serving as a backup to the IPMs.
- Interfaces with internal audiences and responds to product-related questions and data requests.
- Contributes to investment and product education and develops insightful analytics.
- Oversees the quality and integrity of client- and market-facing investment communications and marketing material.
- Provides sales and marketing support for assigned investment products, developing sales ideas and talking points and providing investment input to marketing plans and programs.
- Reviews RFP content and proof reads all investment-related communications and pitch books.
- Assists with the creation of presentation materials for sales meetings and client requests.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for portfolio attribution, characteristics, holdings, etc.
- Minimum 3-5 years related equity experience with an investment manager.
- Strong knowledge of various types of equity products.
- FINRA Series 6 & 63 required or obtained within 6 months of hire date
- Experience working with both institutional and retail channels, preferably.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication capabilities.
- Strong technical skills: Factset, Zephyr, eVestment, MorningstarDirect.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- CFA or progress toward CFA strongly preferred.
This policy applies to Eaton Vance Corp. and all subsidiary companies (the “Company”).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.