Chief Compliance Officer/Consultant
RVK is seeking qualified candidates to assume the duties of Chief Compliance Officer noted below. The firm is open to candidates applying under several options.
(A) Chief Compliance Officer --- deemed to be a regular professional staff position at the firm, but likely to be a part-time position for the next several years since our advisory (non-discretionary) business model is less compliance-intensive than firms with discretionary trading authority over client accounts.
(B) Chief Compliance Officer and Consulting Professional - a hybrid position deemed to be a full-time position with execution of the CCO duties as primary but participation in one or more consulting practice areas of the firm (e.g., investment operations, defined contribution, operational due diligence, general investment consulting, etc.)
Chief Compliance Officer Job Description (part time)
We believe that the duties related to this position will require on average two days per week over the course of each quarter.
Chief Compliance Officer- CCO (A)
- Reporting to the CEO, the CCO is listed as CCO on the firm's ADV and other materials.
- The CCO will have both the authority and obligation to interact directly with the firm's Audit Committee whenever necessary.
- Administer or supervise all other compliance functions outlined in RVK's compliance documents and annual checklist including the maintenance of a compliance log, practice affirmations by the firm's lead consultants, and a personal holdings and transactions file.
- Conduct periodic staff training related to the firm's compliance program, including routine participation in new employee orientation.
- Amend and file the firm's ADV annually and updates as necessary.
- Research and manage state and local compliance requirements as necessary.
- Perform special research related to compliance policies and practices as requested by either Senior Management or the Audit Committee.
- As needed or directed audit client accounts on a schedule determined by the Board, including review of suitability of prior recommendations made to clients. A consultant will be available for consultation on questions of suitability.
- All compliance duties not delegated to a competent RVK colleague.
Qualifications - CCO (A)
- Ability to review and comprehend SEC and DOL/ERISA regulations and guidance and advise the firm on applicability to our business.
- Demonstrated experience that shows strong presentation, interpersonal skills, analytical, and written communication skills;
- Experience in project management;
- A record of consistent adherence to the highest ethical standards of professional conduct;
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships;
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, highly collegial, client-centric, and intellectually challenging consulting environment;
- Able to work and think independently;
- Able to travel as needed.
Education and Work Experience Requirements - CCO (A)
- A minimum of 6 years or more of experience in compliance or compliance related field. Related work in a law firm, human resources or other similar area may qualify if the subject matter, skills or responsibilities involved are relevant to compliance for a financial services firm.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, pre-law or related discipline.
- Experience as an attorney or a senior paralegal with relevant responsibilities could be considered a plus.
- Knowledge of the institutional investment arena would be a significant plus.
- Chartered Financial Analyst or other relevant professional designation and / or Master's degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration are not required but would be significant attributes.
Chief Compliance Officer and Consulting Professional (full time)
This is a full time position and combines the CCO duties with additional responsibilities related to the firm's investment consulting practice. As such, all the tasks noted and qualifications sought for the CCO position (see above) apply.
In addition, however, the firm wishes to hear from candidates who skills and experience not only make them strong candidates to serve effectively as the firm's CCO but also would allow them to contribute to any of the firm's major consulting practice areas, including but not limited to:
- Investment operations consulting - analyzing and evaluating custody bank services, and/or defined contribution recordkeeping and/or transition management services, etc.
- Defined contribution consulting - analyzing and evaluating DC plan structures, demographics, investment menu's, regulatory requirements, etc.
- General investment consulting - analyzing, evaluating and advising on asset allocation, portfolio structure, investment risk monitoring and mitigation, asset class structuring, manager selection and monitoring, etc.
Job B would thus be a full time, hybrid job with an expectation that approximately 40% of the responsibilities being directly tied to CCO duties, with the remainder devoted to work in one or more the firm's investment consulting practice areas. Precisely what consulting related responsibilities would be included under Job B will depend on the specific skills and experience the successful candidate and opportunities available at RVK. The firm is highly flexible as to the consulting practice area in which a candidate is best positioned to contribute in this hybrid role. Finally, all investment consulting work would be executed within established client consulting teams under the direction of that team's Lead Consultant.
Qualifications and Requirements for the full time CCO/Consulting Professional Experience include those noted above for the CCO position plus:
Qualifications - CCO + Consulting Professional (B)
- Knowledge of the key principles of institutional investing - asset allocation, diversification, risk mitigation.
- Some knowledge of the asset management and/or investment operations vendor universe.
- Facility with Microsoft Office and its major applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- The ability to assemble and analyze data and draw conclusions.
Education and Work Experience Requirements - CCO + Consulting Professional (B)
- A minimum of 3 to 6 years or more experience in a position involving financial data, preferably investment data.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics or related discipline.
- Chartered Financial Analyst, Chartered Financial Planner or other relevant professional designation and / or Master's degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration are not required but would be significant attributes.
To learn more about our company, please visit us at http://rvkinc.com. If you enjoy working collaboratively with others and consider yourself to be a creative thinker, then contact us today!
For immediate consideration, please apply through our company website by clicking on Career Opportunities on the home page.
You will need to submit a cover letter explaining how your skills and abilities meet the qualifications and a copy of your résumé. We request that you submit your materials in a PDF format.
We receive a significant volume of applicants and cannot respond to each applicant individually. We review all applications and will contact only those candidates whose skills, experience, and qualifications meet our requirements for the position. Please do not contact us regarding the status of your application. No phone calls, faxes, or temporary staffing agencies, please.
RVK supports workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information.
We look forward to receiving your application!