Make Shift designs, builds and manages new public destinations where communities, local entrepreneurs and independent, social business come together to work, learn, grow and collaborate. We make these spaces as affordable as possible, and we actively connect our members with each other and the community around them. So far, we have successfully turned two underused spaces into new destinations for local communities that now house independent and social businesses - Pop Brixton and Peckham Levels - but we're just getting started. Our ambition is to take our proven business model, scale it and turn more underused spaces into community destinations across the UK and beyond.
We believe in self-management and we want to ensure that our flat structure stays flat. People have the power to make their own decisions and we all encourage and empower each other to be the best we can be.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We're on the hunt for an outstanding Financial Analyst to help empower our finance team and projects as we continue to grow. Working closely with the Finance Lead you will produce high quality financial information to enable effective decision making through the production of financial models, analyses and project monitoring. Make Shift is at a pivotal point in its journey and robust forecasting, analysis and information are essential to support future growth.
- Financial modelling to provide risk assessment, investment performance and return on Make Shift and its project sites.
- Provide financial models and analysis to influence and direct strategy. Working with Make Shift management and project teams on market trends, project projections and product pricing.
- Assist the new opportunities team in analysing each new potential site, preparing appraisals, analysing risks and drafting reports/presentations for senior management, which will enable decision making on new sites.
- Attending client and potential client(s) meetings as required and presenting financial outputs in a clear and concise manner.
- Financial modelling to support and challenge key assumptions made by the project teams and their partners/external advisors.
- Financial modelling to help identify opportunities to improve financial performance.
- Cash flow modelling, sensitivity analysis, return on equity and debt calculations.
- Work with the Finance Lead, Site Directors and Project Teams to produce annual budgets.
- You will report directly to the Finance Lead, Managing Director and Make Shift's Investors.
- Responsible for quarterly forecasting of revenue, costs, cash and net income for Make Shift and each of its projects liaising with various internal teams for assumptions.
- Help drive efficiencies and improvements to the Group's and Project level forecast process.
- Carry out ad hoc financial analysis and scenario modelling to assess commercial viability of transactions in a time critical manner as required.
- Data analysis on project member revenue and forecast site income and growth.
- You're passionate about our social purpose and what we're trying to do.
- You consider yourself to be an excellent financial modeler who wants to learn, take on new challenges and help the people around you grow.
- You've used IRR, NPV and WACC to determine project cash flow viability.
- You're not scared of working on multiple projects at the same time whether that be a long term financial strategy for one of our projects, a quarterly cash flow for another or a last minute new site pitch for our Opportunities team.
- You're analytical, logical, accurate and value attention to detail.
- You have excellent Excel skills.
- You're an outgoing and clear communicator. You will need to present complex financial information to a non-finance audience in a clear and effective way.
- You are not afraid to make tough decisions and disagree with more experienced team members.
- You have the ability to build effective relationships across our projects and within Make Shift.
- You are not afraid of mucking in and working outside your job description to help others.
- You relish a fast-paced work environment, can handle pressure and are not afraid to roll your sleeves up.
- Experience in the property industry and with Xero desirable but not essential.
- Professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CFA) or close to qualification an advantage but not essential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.