Front Office Controls AVP - Global Asset Manager - £65k
The role sits with the front office on one floor, therefore providing excellent exposure and opportunities for long term progression. You will also have the opportunity to work on the development of global strategic objectives relating to risk management across the Front Office.
- The development of the control framework across fixed income, equities, commodities and multi asset strategies. Ongoing review of processes, controls and development of MI dashboard. Escalation and management of issues arising.
- Manage the Risk and Controls Self-Assessment (RCSA's) process in respect of the Front Office together, partnering closely with Operational Risk to ensure that it is properly maintained and updated.
- Liaise with Audit and Compliance; Monitor closure of any Audit or Compliance issues/actions
- Produce monthly management information, used to inform and update senior management of status of the wider risk and controls environment.
- Contribute to and work on Business continuity plans to ensure that they remain up to date and current.
- Have oversight of the Front Office Trading system Aladdin.
- Ideally have experience within an Asset Management and knowledge of the technologies, processes, products and controls within that environment.
- Demonstrate a strong controls background (whether from Front Office, Operational Risk, Assurance, Oversight or Audit function), with an ability to quickly assess business processes and identify gaps
- Strong writing, MI and presentation skills , with a good use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Aladdin or another Order Management System (OMS) would be ideal.
- A professional qualification such as CFA, ACCA etc. would be desirable
Those that feel they are a strong candidate for the role should forward their CV's to csoan@astoncarter (.co.uk) or contact Carl on 0207 997 1008 to find out more.