Vice President - Senior Portfolio Analyst
Callan was founded as an employee-owned investment consulting firm in 1973. Since then, we have empowered institutional clients with creative, customized investment solutions that are backed by proprietary research, exclusive data, and ongoing education. Today, Callan advises on more than $2 trillion in total fund sponsor assets, which makes it among the largest independently owned investment consulting firms in the U.S. Callan uses a client-focused consulting model to serve pension and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, foundations, independent investment advisers, investment managers, and other asset owners. Callan has five offices throughout the U.S.
Further information regarding Callan can be found on our website at www.callan.com.
About the Trust Advisory Group
The Trust Advisory Group (TAG) is responsible for the design, construction, and implementation of Callan's discretionary asset management solutions. These discretionary solutions are multi-manager in nature and range from single-asset class funds to total portfolio solutions and overall plan design. TAG leverages all aspects of Callan's core research units in the development and maintenance of our solutions and partners closely with the Fund Sponsor Consulting group in client support and discretionary business development.
Client relationships are spread across the Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit and Endowment & Foundation marketplaces.
- Work as part of a consulting team on existing client relationships. This will include attendance at regular meetings, development of client work plans, marshalling Callan resources to deliver best-in-class work on an ongoing basis in the areas of asset allocation, investment structure, manager selection and monitoring.
- Monitor existing client portfolios by reviewing quarterly performance measurement reports, attending inhouse manager meetings, conducting on-site visit with investment managers employed in discretionary portfolios, and working closely with the Global Manager Research Group.
- Research and respond to any and all client requests.
- Make presentations to clients, as necessary.
Prospective Clients/New Business Generation
- Collaborate with TAG investment staff in platform design and customization of client portfolio solutions.
- Work closely with FSC on RFP responses.
- Contribute to writing comprehensive proposals, as necessary to ensure the delivery of high quality materials.
- Work closely with senior TAG investment staff to design, create and customize client deliverables, platform overview, and finals presentation materials.
- Make finals presentations.
- Assist in developing customized educational information and/or seminars for clients.
- Coordinating research efforts for clients.
- Contribute to topical white papers from time-to-time.
- Represent and participate (or present) Callan at industry events and those events sponsored by the Callan Investments Institute.
- Prefer at least ten years of direct consulting or multi-manager portfolio management experience.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate with clarity and confidence.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated but able to work with a team in a collegial fashion.
- Experience working for or with institutional investors in the design, monitoring and implementation of total portfolio solutions.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to engage and partner with internal subject matter experts to lever the depth of talent at the firm.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
- Ability to form supportable opinions and succinctly communicate such to co-workers and clients
- Team player
- Willingness to travel
- Ongoing desire to learn and a drive to improve
- Bachelor's Degree required; Graduate Degree preferred
- CAIA and/or CFA candidate preferred
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience
- Callan offers a competitive compensation package including base salary and annual bonus.
- Long-term successful professionals may become equity partners in the firm.
- Callan offers a generous benefits package.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample referencing "Senior Portfolio Analyst" to email@example.com.
Callan LLC is an equal opportunity employer.