Investment Research Associate
Public / Private Growth Equity Healthcare Fund looking for Research Associates to cover Device, Diagnostic, and Biopharma.
A top growth-equity investment firm focused exclusively on the healthcare sector is looking to hire multiple Investment Research Associates to help cover the Device, Diagnostic and Biopharma sectors. The Associates’ primary responsibility will be to support the fund’s Senior Investment Analysts and Investment Team across a wide range of functions. This will include financial analysis of investment candidates, building and maintaining detailed financial models, managing industry/market research projects, performing primary research, monitoring industry and company-specific news flow and helping to manage the firm’s due diligence process. The position will give associates exposure to every aspect of the investment fund business at a firm that spans both public and private investing.
The investment firm is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and is looking for candidates that are located in the bay area.
The Associates’ responsibilities will include:
- Primary investment research
- Performing financial analysis of investment candidates and building and maintaining detailed financial models.
- Managing various industry/market research projects
- Monitoring industry and company-specific news flow for pertinent information.
- Participating in and taking detailed notes on investment due diligence calls.
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly private company valuations of portfolio companies.
- Managing various industry/market research projects.
- Background research for financial analysis of investment candidates.
- Conducting internal performance analysis (attribution analysis, etc.) and performance benchmarking.
- General support of the investment team.
- Preparing investment memos on current and prospective portfolio companies.
- Helping managing the firm’s deal/research database, which is used to track the due diligence and investment process.
- Organizing and maintaining due diligence materials, company documents, and other pertinent investment documents.
- 3-6+ years of professional investment experience covering Medical Device, Diagnostic or Biopharma is required. Looking for individuals with a background in buy-side investment analysis, sell-side research or private equity.
- Must be a VERY organized, detail-oriented team player and be able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Self-motivation and a strong work ethic are vital.
- Outstanding computer skills are essential (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Capital IQ, Factset and Bloomberg). Programming experience is a plus.
- Exceptional financial modeling skills are a MUST. Fund’s financial models are built on a proprietary platform. Must be able to quickly learn.
- Must possess strong understanding of accounting and financial statements.
- Solid writing skills are strongly preferred. Fluency in English is a must.
- Strong academic background with record of achievement.
- Progress toward a CFA Charter is a plus.
- Science degree is a plus.
DO NOT contact the company or any of its employees about the job outside of the email listed above. Candidates that do will automatically be eliminated from consideration.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.