Sales Support & Client Service Executive
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
We are looking for a Sales Support & Client Service Executive to join the Sales & Marketing team based in Dubai. This role will provide support to Institutional Sales and Client Service, primarily focused on the CEEMEA region. The individual will also provide departmental support for client reporting, attribution analysis, competitor analysis as well as various ongoing projects assigned by Director or Manager. This role is also expected to build relationships among business units to produce a coherent, unified client servicing model.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Act as a key support to the CEEMEA Institutional Sales Directors by answering external client queries in an efficient and proactive manner
- Help articulate on-going client servicing story through client presentations, quarterly reports/letters, and providing value-added information to sales & relationship managers
- Work closely with Sales Directors to collate information for prospects and proactively assist in supporting the sales strategy of the team
- Ensure department meets or exceeds all defined client reporting deadlines
- Develop processes to enhance reporting function within department (quantitative & qualitative)
- Respond to internal and external clients within agreed timelines
- Monitor literature requests for quality, including review of client meeting book materials
- Review written portfolio commentary for client reports on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Help ensure institutional quality in all reporting through close collaboration with Global Client Support Services and Portfolio teams
- Work closely with Senior Client Services Manager, conduct regular process reviews, identifying weaknesses, and conducting on-going performance analysis
- Ensure that monthly/quarterly reports to clients are accurate, relevant, produced, and dispatched in a timely manner. Work closely with other departments to reduce the number of client reporting deadlines missed
- Develop strong, personal relationships with the Institutional Sales and Client Services team, understanding how our firm fits in to the client’s asset mix, who are the decision makers at the client and what the important client issues are relating to the relationship
- Have a good understanding of FTI Institutional products including the strengths and weaknesses of each product. Continual effort to understand the investment advisor’s outlook and what is happening politically, economically and market specifically around the world
- Handle majority of non-investment enquiries and investment related questions
- Work closely with Portfolio Specialists and be up-to-date with strategy views in order to position within client and prospect reports
- Work closely with Institutional Sales and Client Service request and review RFPs/RFIs for new and existing clients. Serve as a resource for Sales and Client Services during onboarding of new clients/portfolios
- Contribute in group discussions and continually make suggestions (and help implement where appropriate) to improve service provided to clients and their consultants, along with ideas on how to improve our sales processes
- Demonstrate understanding and compliance with regulatory and risk requirements, such as TCF and corporate Code of Ethics, including adoption of policies
- Serve as resource to Sales & Client Services by completing various projects, produce and interpret competitor analysis reports and attribution reports; communicate any enhancements/changes to any and all institutional presentations
- Work with the Institutional Sales team, Portfolio Specialists and Product Management team to develop and produce new high-impact and cost effective marketing communications and programs
- Serve as an institutional client service/sales support representative on projects, liaising with Global Marketing and the Investment Writing team to enhance reporting processes and contents
- Coordinate and oversee other special projects in department as needed and assigned by the Senior Manager
- Assist Senior Manager with strategic planning initiatives. Ensure on-going maintenance within IRIS. Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with production of Client Service metrics and management reporting
- Prepare customized client reports for Director as needed, including detailed performance commentary
- Keep the IRIS updated with all relevant client information
- Assist sales in inputting call reports and updating Assets at Risk reports.
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Economics preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Experience with client services and sales support in asset management is highly preferred
- Language skills in English is essential and Arabic is advantageous
- Good understanding of investments and the investment process and exposure to institutional investors
- Understanding of performance and risk analytics, including performance attribution
- Proficient use and understanding of CRM systems and competitor databases
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Service oriented and demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and also actively participate in a team environment
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to multitask
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Well versed with Computer applications – power point, excel, word, outlook etc.
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton.”
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.