Investment Associate, Private Markets & Funds Alpha Division
SWIB is seeking an entry level Investment Associate to join its Funds Alpha Team. The person chosen for the position will work closely with the team of analysts managing a portfolio of external manager strategies that include hedge funds, risk parity, alternative beta, long-only equities, and long-only fixed income. This position is ideally suited to candidates with little or no investment-related work experience and a pre- or post-MBA student. However, an outstanding record of academic achievement and a high level of intellectual curiosity and passion to learn about financial markets and investment fundamentals are required.
- Assist with sourcing, monitoring, and developing new and existing manager selection recommendations
- Assist with preparing, gathering, and analyzing data to develop buy, sell, hold, and watch recommendations for individual strategies
- Contribute to the funds alpha manager selection, sourcing, and oversight process
- Construct and maintain spreadsheets, models, ad hoc analyses, and qualitative data on external managers
- Produce, monitor, and summarize attribution, risk, and other reports
- Compile reports from various sources to help facilitate discussion and develop team strategy
- Gain exposure to analyzing external manager strategies’ value added by separating beta exposures from alpha exposures
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, economics, or similar required
- Experience working Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
- Competitive base salary
- Meaningful, performance-based incentive compensation
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Educational and training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Challenging work in a professional, team environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to, the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
Deadline to apply is April 9, 2018. Resumes will be accepted after that date if the position has not been filled.