Do you live at the intersection of strategy & analysis? Can you turn research & analysis into actionable insights? Can you convey complex ideas to cross-functional teams? Want to do it in a growth-oriented, high-performance, t-shirt & jeans environment? If so – read on!
Custom Ink, the leader in custom apparel for groups and communities, is all about bringing people together. That's what inspires our innovative online platform, world-class customer support, and award-winning work environment. With 1,500 team members or “Inkers” and $350M in revenue, we are passionate about the success and well-being of our team and have earned frequent recognition as a top workplace from such organizations as Fortune Magazine and The Washington Post. Our customers are counting on us to come through for them, and that’s important to all Inkers - no matter what role they’re in.
How you’ll make a difference:
Custom Ink seeks an insightful and versatile Business Strategist to explore the company’s growing field of internal and external opportunities while continually assessing the health of our market position. We’re experiencing healthy growth and we’re looking for the right person to help us determine our build, buy and/or partner strategies.
This position will report directly to the SVP of Strategic Development and will provide analytical coverage to the entire Strategic Development team. You will be on the frontlines of the most exciting areas of growth and expansion within the entire organization, helping to drive the business into new markets and towards ever-higher goals.
The ideal candidate will need to have a strategically-oriented mindset. That means you will need to be exceptionally comfortable with data and have the ability to see the narrative between the numbers. Success in this role is determined as much by the analyst’s ability to identify trends and figures as it is by his/her ability to communicate those insights and effectuate change with them.
What you’ll do:
Examples of specific responsibilities include:
- Build / Buy / Partner analysis: you’ll spend ~60% of your time on internal / organic “build” (pilots, tests, etc.) projects, ~10% evaluating “buy” opportunities, and ~30% analyzing and measuring partnership initiatives
- Monitoring the performance of existing initiatives (both internal & external opportunities)
- Develop and monitor KPIs/OKRs for all active projects / initiatives
- Business casing both organic and inorganic opportunities
- Conduct rigorous market and competitive analysis
- Creatively assessing competitor strengths and weaknesses
- Building a financial model to identify high-priority strategic levers
- Presenting a competitive analysis to executive and functional leadership
How you’ll be measured:
The key measures of success for this position will be:
- Quality of analysis and recommendations
- Ability to communicate research and transform it into action and decisions
- Executing projects tied to team OKRs (Objectives & Key Results)
- Elevating and supporting Custom Ink teammates
What we’re looking for:
Credentials should include:
- 2 or more years of intense analytical experience (preferably in an investment banking/analysis, management consulting setting, or corporate strategy)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience speaking and presenting to senior management
- Entrepreneurial mindset—if not experience—a must; candidate needs to be flexible, tenacious, and self-directed
- Financial modeling experience, and an understanding of core accounting principles
- Project Management skills (organization, project planning, coordination of resources)
- SQL, Excel, Powerpoint skills must be masterful (proficiency with BI or statistical software packages and web development/design heavily welcomed)
In addition, you must embody our company values - practicing the Golden Rule, taking Ownership and driving and embracing Innovation.
Cover letters are strongly preferred when submitting this application. While cover letters are not required, they are highly valued. Custom Ink values individuality, so use your judgment and write to us in your own voice.