Client Service/Client Analytics Professional
ROLE: Water Island Capital is seeking an experienced Client Service professional to support our growing firm. We are looking for a self-motivated, highly detail-oriented, accountable professional who has demonstrated the ability to work under pressure, to manage multiple deadlines and is willing to provide hands on support to the firm’s client team, as well as strategize with senior colleagues across the firm. Candidates with prior client service, client analytics, or investor relations experience are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org AND include “Client Service Professional” in the subject line.
- Assist in compiling timely and accurate client deliverables including DDQs, RFPs, client presentations, monthly/quarterly commentaries, portfolio positioning analyses, and performance and risk attribution reports.
- Manage a diverse range of marketing activities including developing relevant and unique marketing collateral, writing CIO letters and authoring white papers.
- Maintain and ensure performance data and information integrity for all investor databases.
- Assist in the development of strategic and analytical frameworks for investment product development.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with both existing and prospective investors with the goal of helping our clients broaden their understanding of our firm’s investment process and capabilities. Where appropriate, this individual may be asked to represent Water Island Capital and our investment strategies directly to our clients, particularly as this individual gains more experience and content depth.
- Collaborate closely with various teams throughout the organization including sales, investment, risk management, operations and compliance to assist with the development of client materials and analytics.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience at an asset management firm in client service, client analytics, or investor relations.
- Ability to communicate topics related to alternative investment strategies, the competitive landscape, financial markets, investment principles, portfolio statistics, and risk analytics.
- Exacting attention to detail absolutely required.
- Must possess excellent relationship management, verbal communication and project management skills.
- Robust writing skills.
- Willingness to work in a team-based environment and contribute to product development, marketing, and related efforts simultaneously.
- Must possess the flexibility and adaptability to thrive in a fluid and high paced environment.
- Up to 10% travel required to visit clients, attend conferences and other sales events across the country.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- CFA/CAIA or progress towards a CFA/CAIA designation preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including strong proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Series 7 & 63 required (or commitment to acquire appropriate licensing)