Lending Officer - Loan/Credit
Wells Fargo first conducted business in Canada in 1854 and since then has continued to build a strong presence across the country. Wells Fargo now offers a broad range of financial products and services through multiple lines of business operating throughout Canada.
Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF) provides a full spectrum of financing and lease options for customers' equipment and capital expenditure requirements through Wells Fargo business, commercial and corporate banking channels, relationships with equipment manufacturers, dealers, distributors and direct to market. WFEF has Industry and Asset-type specialists devoted to Construction Equipment, Commercial and Specialty Vehicles, Energy/Marine and Corporate Aircraft, Vendor Finance Programs, Technology Finance, Food, Beverage, Healthcare.
This position will be responsible for monitoring lending activities.
- Approving loans or credit officer authority levels;
- Ensuring conformity with company/regulatory policies and procedures;
- Granting credit and exception approvals and providing credit quality controls;
- Monitoring of delinquency, loss, and risk rating accuracy;
- Assisting credit officers and other senior officers with structuring, pricing and documentation of loan transactions;
- Monitoring and reviewing credit underwriting and portfolio management performance; managing on-going account relationships.
- This role may be responsible for preparing or reviewing reports provided to senior management regarding portfolio performance.
- Lastly, it may also be responsible for reviewing/approving workout strategies for individual loans and coaching/developing credit skills of officers.
- 10+ years of lending and/or financial analysis experience
- Relevant undergraduate degree
- Strong understanding of financial statements and adept at financial analysis including familiarity with combinations, consolidations and cash flow
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail, and recognize the importance of data integrity, proper client on-boarding and adherence to credit policy and compliance
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adhere to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- MBA, CFA, CPA or other relevant graduate degree and/or professional designation
- Experience in equipment leasing, asset-based lending, and/or financial due diligence would be considered an asset.
- Experience working in a regulated environment
Wells Fargo team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. As a Wells Fargo team member, you are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion or any other status protected by applicable legislation, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.