Fidelity Investments Risk Analyst, SAI
Strategic Advisers, Inc. (SAI) is a registered investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of FMR LLC that provides investment management services to clients through Fidelity’s retail and institutional distribution channels. For more than 20 years SAI has specialized in the design, construction and management of asset allocation solutions, as well as the methodologies for many of Fidelity’s investment planning tools, to help investors reach their financial goals. With over $200 billion in assets under management in a blend of Fidelity and third party investment vehicles, the SAI team of investment professionals constructs and manages asset allocation portfolios for over 1 million customer accounts.
SAI’s Quantitative Research group partners with the SAI investment teams to deliver superior risk‐adjusted performance for the wide range of investment solutions delivered by SAI. Members of the quantitative research group either work directly within investment teams as embedded analysts or in the central quantitative research group.
The Risk Analyst will work within SAI’s quantitative research group and will partner with the investment teams to manage the risk of SAI’s multi-asset class mandates. The Risk Analyst will also work with our data operations and systems groups to implement best practices in investment risk management and portfolio construction processes. Given the rapidly growing business, the position will evolve dynamically and requires an entrepreneurial spirit.
Enhance the risk management practice within Strategic Advisers to further the evolution from risk measurement to risk management. Respond to requests in a timely fashion to ensure continued acceptance of our investment risk management process. This process permits our team to measure, monitor, and manage all relevant investment risks across the division. Specific responsibilities include:
- Analyze portfolio risk, including stress testing, and discuss with the investment teams any risk driven repositioning of portfolio positions and exposures
- Support the head of risk and partner with investment teams in the development of new analytical capabilities
- Respond to ad-hoc senior management and PM requests from across the organization
- Evaluate risk platforms, models, implementation, and proxy methodology to ensure the risk management team delivers high quality results
- Work with data and IT groups to develop and execute on an implementation plan for investment risk system
The Risk Analyst will work at the company’s headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts and will report to the Risk Management Team Lead.
- 3-7 years related experience in risk management at an asset manager or risk systems vendor
- MBA/MS in relevant field (Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
- CFA/FRM preferred
- Varied experience in investment risk management
- Strong communication skills required, in particular in regards to translating complex quantitative analysis into relevant and applicable investment research
- Knowledge of investment risk management best practices and systems required including Barra, RiskMetrics, BlackRock, Point, Bloomberg, FactSet etc.
- Strong ability to think critically and proven record for investment risk management
- Multi-asset class knowledge preferred
- R, SQL skills preferred