Cross-Asset Investment Strategist (Wealth Management)
Cross-Asset Investment Strategist
The "Investment Strategy and Advisory group" is a key pillar within Wealth Management Advisory. This function establishes the bank investment outlook, generates investment ideas and provides a robust advisory and discretionary solutions to implement the outlook. The offering is delivered by specialist investment advisors partnering with relationship managers to design relevant investment solutions for clients.
The role being offered is part of the Investment Advisory and Strategy group. This role serves as the link between the strategy and product teams to ensure relevance and alignment with the house view. A key part of the effort involves communication and marketing of relevant ideas and offering to stakeholders and frontline across both retail and private bank. This role will collaborate extensively across stakeholders within the bank, also participating in related innovation digital efforts across various teams.
A key Cross-Asset Strategist who contributes and shapes views to the Global Investment Council to ensure that it makes informed and relevant decisions regarding the investment environment and business needs. This role is also responsible to communicate WM, Investment Advisory output in a way that is marketable to frontline and clients across Private and Priority client segments. Ensure consistency and relevancy of recommendations across asset classes to business segments and clients. Facilitate the adaptation of team output. To maintain and support the adoption of digital tools to further enhance our product and advisory proposition to various segments, as necessary.
- Input into the Group Investment Council/Group Advisory Council process
- Provide support to the Global Investment council and Global Advisory Council in the formation of investment views across a variety of asset classes, global allocation and markets of relevance to frontline and clients
- Provide high quality input across asset classes to the Group Investment Council (GIC)
- Determine the most effective investment strategy product offering given our global business and client base. Prioritize output that will have the biggest business impact
- Channel feedback on the ground to GIC and GAC to ensure timeliness and relevancy of advisory views being produced
- Communication of advisory offerings
- Engage and communicate views from Global Investment Council and Global Advisory Council to both internal and external stakeholders
- Engage internal product teams to co-ordinate the delivery of investment offerings linked to house views to clients.
- Work closely with distribution, marketing and client proposition teams to ensure material supporting the frontline is readily available
- Co-ordinate the agenda for weekly investment meetings and articulate cross-asset strategy in this forum.
- Join select client meetings to support relationship managers and investment advisors during initial client pitch
- Be a key influencer to the adoption of advisory offerings by segments
- Understand existing investment strategy capability and product platform
- Be aware and provide inputs on implementing of views across asset-classes to frontline
- Be familiar with advisory/model portfolios in both private and retail segments
- Monitor and drive adoption of our views to help ensure offering remains relevant to our clients and a key influencer of revenue
- Provide contextual updates within a portfolio framework keeping in mind suitability and risk procedures
- Update and maintain advisory offerings available across various channels
- Ensure timely updates of our views and advisory offering on varous digital platforms and other client-facing publications.
- Support and ensure familiarity of RMs/IAs with ADVICE platform and other advisory offering available from the team
- Tertiary education minimum, preferably with an Economics/Investment background.
- 5 to 10 years of proven experience in a wealth or investment management role.
- Experience interacting with internal and external stakeholder
- Investment Strategist experience at a competitor firm.
- MBA or CFA strongly preferred
- Ability to successfully engage with various stakeholders
- Ability to establish strategy and execute through teams across geographic locations
- Good understanding and practical knowledge of asset classes and capital markets
- Strong analytical, investment and quantitative skills applicable to investments, securities and structuring of portfolios.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Successful candidates will be able to work in a collaborative, collegial, team environment
- Experience with Excel and Bloomberg or Reuters preferred