PE Alternatives Investment Manager - Pension Fund
This major pension fund with £13.5bn under management invests in a wide range of assets across Fixed Income, Equities, Real Estate and Private Equity in the UK. Central to their growth strategy is the development of their alternatives and income generating assets focus which will grow to over 13% of the total pension portfolio in the next 3 -5 years. The team will bolster the investment portfolio by also placing strategic investment in corporate credit, infrastructure or renewables either via direct investment or via a fund-of-funds platforms.
The primary purpose of this role is to support the deployment and management of the Generating Assets Portfolio, which is largely comprised of Real Estate assets and a range of strategic investments. The firm would like to broaden their focus and seek out opportunities that produce typical, sustainable returns of 4.5 - 5%.
The role will involve working with a number of the fund managers in the organisation ranging from property and alternatives to equity and fixed income.
The ideal candidate will have experience of investing into funds and be able to present the rationale for investment into funds / opportunities to the Investment Committee. Candidates could come from a Pension Fund, Fund of Funds, Family Office or Investment Management firm and have the agility to switch focus between asset classes.
Role & Responsibilities
To underwrite investments and assist in the fund management of the Generating Assets Portfolio.
Key activities will include:
- Research into investment ideas and concepts and the gathering of market information to help support investment decision making.
- Conduct Financial analysis and prepare financial models to support investment underwriting and/or analyse portfolios to determine future cash flow and investment requirements.
- Investment monitoring, reviewing investment performance and assessing how an investment is performing comparing to underwrite.
- Supporting quarterly and annual reporting.
- Preparing investment reports.
- Deal project management.
- Maintaining a database of investment opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A relevant qualification e.g. MBA, CFA, ACA or relevant degree or A 'Levels and five years' work experience in a similar role within Financial Services.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Understanding investment management and corporate finance principles.
- Experience of working in a busy team in a fast paced environment ideally within financial services.
- Core understanding of investment in terms of how returns are calculated, and what makes a good investment
- Fund underwriting experience
- Self-starter - capable of working with limited supervision, but confident enough to engage and seek help and guidance
- Attention to detail, but vital to be able to stand back and see the big picture.
- Flexible, organised and keen to learn.
- Excellent written, presentational and communication skills.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.