Fund of Funds Senior Analyst (Fixed Income / Equites)
The Investment Analysts will have responsibility for the performance for a selected range of fund of fund portfolios invested in both fixed income and equity funds. This will encompass research and portfolio management activities and the ability to present to a variety of stakeholders.
The Investment Analysts will take the lead in the allocated research areas to be agreed depending on the candidates' experience. The Funds Selection Team is growing and its scope expanding thereby providing a thriving environment for career progression
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Take responsibility for an allocated range of fund of fund portfolios. This will include the following:
- Achieving performance goals
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis of the portfolios and the underlying fund investments. This will include assessing their overall suitability with target performance standards and regulatory guidelines.
- To work actively with our asset allocation and trading teams with respect to portfolio construction and management.
- Presenting to the Investment Committee; providing regular report and making proposals as required.
- Presenting performance updates to stakeholders including distributors and the sales force network
- To take the lead in allocated fund research areas. Identifying and assessing the relevant universes for potential investment managers for existing funds
- To contribute to refining the investment process
- To work collegiately with the team on other asset classes as required.
- Contribute to idea generation for possible new products
- Supporting compliance, regulatory and legal functions including but not limited to the following:
- On boarding new managers and target funds
- Liaising with third party investment managers in agreeing investment guidelines
- Working with the Product Development department on developing prospectuses
- Preparing manager and fund documentation as required
The Ideal Candidates will have;
- An analytical background with a degree in a finance or business discipline
- CFA qualification is preferred or the candidate should be studying towards achieving this qualification.
- At least five years' work experience, preferably in the investment management industry.
- Knowledge and experience of fund research.
- Numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail as a pre-requisite as is the ability to work to deadlines in a team based environment
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both oral & written).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, as is knowledge of Bloomberg.
- A good knowledge of the mutual funds investment market and a broad understanding of long only investment principles.
To discuss this roles further and for a private and confidential conversation, please contact Sean Sweeney on 01-8746770