Credit Analyst High Yield
To assist the High Yield Portfolio Managers in identifying attractive investment opportunities in the high yield market with a focus on the communications sector.
- Fundamental credit analysis to assess the risks of current portfolio positions and potential new high yield investments. Analysis to focus on macro environment and industry conditions, company business strategy and management, historical financial trends and future expectations, among other factors.
- Relative value analysis of potential investments versus alternative investment options – both within and across industry sectors.
- Investment recommendations across a range of account types. Each recommendation to be supported by financial model and written investment summary documenting the rationale for the investment. Ongoing monitoring of investments to include updates to financial models and written summaries of changes in fundamental factors and relative value considerations.
- Maintain relationships with Wall Street and rating agency analysts to facilitate the flow of credit and market information.
- To assist the High Yield Portfolio Managers with reporting and other duties as necessary to meet client requirements.
- MBA and or CFA desired.
- 6-8 years of credit/financial statement analysis experience, high yield experience is preferred.
- Credit analysis skills and the ability to translate credit analysis to investment recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the communications sector required.