Credit Analyst - Financials
- Complete bespoke quantitative and qualitative research on issuers within the Insurance sector, potentially extending to the wider Financials sector or issuers relating to the Fund Managers' investment strategies.
- Support the Lead Financials analyst in creating and maintaining financial models, valuation spreadsheets and databases as directed.The analysis may be across multiple regions driven by portfolio considerations, economic environment, news backgrounds etc.
- Share and discuss analysis with other team members as well as other fund management teams.
- Attend research meetings internally and externally including travel outside UK.
- Present internally and externally where appropriate, such as at the weekly investment meetings.
- Assist with preparation of marketing presentations and with weekly valuations.
- Proven previous experience in the European or US Insurance sector (Life and/or Non-Life).
- Proven quantitative skills and qualitative skills, including the ability to build and run financial models and perform detailed financial analysis.
- Significant working knowledge of relevant markets and investing.
- Fundamental research skills & solid knowledge of credit analysis.
- Proven research and report writing experience.
- Strong analytical ability and numeracy skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated with a creative and practical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to manage own time to complete work accurately and to deadlines.
- Flexible and team orientated.
- Bloomberg experience.Advanced IT skills including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent.
- Relevant qualifications e.g. IMC, CFA (desirable).
- Willing to continue studies for relevant qualifications