An opportunity has arisen to join Debtwire, part of Acuris. Debtwire is a proprietary intelligence, research and data platform for the global leveraged finance community. Our mission is to provide timely and accurate credit information on high yield and leveraged companies worldwide.
Our teams of financial services professionals are based in offices in London, New York, Hong Kong and Mumbai, and are growing fast. We are now seeking new individuals for our London office.
Position and Responsibilities:
We are looking to hire a credit analyst based in London whose main responsibility will be to publish research reports on high yield and leverage companies.
The individual will conduct fundamental credit analysis on European companies, including financial modelling, multiple and ratio analysis, historical analysis and forecasting of quarterly and annual income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements. The role entails working mainly on levered corporate entities across Western Europe and the European high yield and leveraged loan markets more broadly. In time the successful candidate will be expected to become industry specialised.
- Exceptional fundamental credit analysis and financial modelling skills gained from some prior experience of corporate credit analysis
- Some knowledge of trends in European leveraged finance markets
- Some experience in analysing companies in the industrial or consumer sectors preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must as is the ability to work with people at all levels
- Highly-developed sense of teamwork and cooperation
- Be ambitious, motivated, entrepreneurial, and have the desire to succeed
- Ability to manage workflow under strict deadlines
- CFA or currently studying towards a CFA designation (or equivalent) would be an advantage, although not essential
- European languages such as German, Italian or Spanish are highly desirable
- Strong academic record or equivalent experience
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy please click on ‘Apply Here' and ensure your CV and cover letter are attached to your application.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We're trusted by many of the world's principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we're a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You'll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.