Detailed Position Requirements:
- Actively source, review, analyze, compare and perform in depth market research, deal analysis and due diligence on new investment opportunities (funds, direct or co-investments) suitable to the Private Equity portfolio and NCB Capital's strategy.
- Conducting comprehensive due diligence of private equity firms and General Partners that invest in different sectors of the market.
- Develop suitable financial models of the targeted products and prepare critical analysis and reports.
- Develop and present in depth analysis of targeted products that support the investment team in evaluating the opportunity at hand
- Present and explain new product structure wealth managers/distribution channels and participate in the client meeting and calls if needed.
- Understand and stay current on market conditions, new investment products or strategies, best practices in portfolio management and apply such understanding to the PE portfolio.
- Assist in structuring and developing new products and opportunities that support the team in achieving the investment targets.
- In conjunction with Legal and Compliance, review, develop, scrutinize and suggest improvements to all products legal documents, in order To ensure full compliance with local and offshore jurisdictions and avoid associated risks.
- Obtain proper approvals of assigned products/funds, including Product development committee, regulator, Compliance, Shariah board, Risk, and Legal department
- Support the private equity platform by providing required documentation and develop the marketing materials.
- Participate in road shows, workshops, conferences etc. to increase knowledge of the marketplace
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with NCBC policies and procedures and with local regulatory and legal requirements.
- Undertake ad hoc tasks related to the role as directed by line manager.
Experience and Skills
- Over 4- 5 years' of experience in investment banking. Must have exposure to international banking best practices.
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Possess excellent communications skills and an in-depth knowledge of the private equity/alternative assets products and services.
- Will have the ability to work under pressure and with strict deadlines.
- Excellent computer and project management skills
- Initiative, creativity, and independent thinking
- Energetic and results orientated
- Outstanding mathematical and analytical skills.
- A tertiary level qualification from an internationally recognized institution
- A professional qualification is a plus (i.e. CFA, CAIA, CPA, CIPM)
- Fluent in English. Arabic is a plus.
Communications / Interfaces with Other Divisions & 3rd Parties:
- Frequent and ongoing internal communications with his/her line manager, his/her colleagues, his/her management peers within the Business Development Division and with central Operations, Legal and Compliance, AM, IT and Administration Support staff.
- Ongoing external communications with other banks and financial institutions, external consultants, legal and compliance advisors.
Performance Measurement Criteria (KPIs):
- Quality of analytical and reports presented.
- An in-depth knowledge of the company's products and services.
- Launch of new products.
- Timely delivery of assigned tasks.
- Complete regulatory requirements & reporting.