GF - Audit Manager (GCB Technology)
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18017396
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1600 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role directs the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
This position is responsible for managing audit entities and leading audits relating to Global Consumer Banking (GCB) Technology globally, with a primary focus on Asia and EMEA. The IA team responsible for this area has about 40 staff globally with 12 in the Asia/EMEA region performing audit assurance relating to Consumer Banking systems.
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting, where appropriate.
- Manages audit activities for a component of Global Consumer Banking Technology at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in consumer banking systems and technology processes and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of data analytics.
- Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas around Citi's Consumer Banking systems, Citi technology processes, and regulatory compliance in these areas.
- Promotes the professional development of Internal Audit staff within the team and coaches junior staff during and outside of audit assignments.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues.
- Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed.
- Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews.
- Reviews and approves Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
Qualifications and Competencies
- BA/BS degree or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Experience in business, functional and/or people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of consumer banking systems, digital channels and products as well as technology processes relating to development and support of these types of systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of technology and consumer banking related regulations across multiple countries in Asia Pacific.
- Demonstrates managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of deploying audit assurance techniques using data analytics.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Strong team player who is actively committed to personal development, active team contribution/knowledge sharing and identifying improvement opportunities.