Looking for a seasoned Portfolio Manager to build and manage 50M+ USD AUM equity and fixed income funds. This firm offer a plug-and-play operational, compliance, and marketing platform for Portfolio Managers who want to strike out on their own and run their own book. Think of them as an incubator for niche funds. Competitive financial package; attractive risk limits; pleasant team environment.
▪ Build, deploy, and maintain a robust and profitable investment portfolio in line with the firm's philosophy, principles, and strategies
- Serve as a member of the Investment Committee
- Structure, allocate, and monitor funds he/she is responsible for
- Delivery and maintenance of an investment portfolio plan and roadmap for development, showing key objectives, priorities, milestones, interim reviews and expected end results
- Effectively communicate investment philosophies, risk profiles, payoffs, terms and conditions, maturity periods, exit strategies and range of investment solutions
- Independently and/or collectively make and execute investment decisions
- Handle trade order entry for portfolio transactions & administration of custody account trades & performance
- Ensure timely investment of funds into new accounts
- Rebalance and adjust asset allocations when necessary
- Perform regular due diligence and research on investments
- Delivery of financial results of the investment portfolio in line with agreed investment plan approved by the Board and Investment Committee
- Maintain proper documentation of investment decisions and fund flows
▪ Acquire, service, and cultivate a client base of high net worth clients and family offices with the goal of building healthy long-term client relationships for the firm
- Raise funds from appropriate target client group
- Regularly present to existing and prospective clients and answer questions
- Independently conduct portfolio review meetings with clients
▪ Identify, research, and recommend risk-appropriate investment solutions to clients and the Board on a regular basis
▪ Preparation and execution of portfolio budget plan in accordance with management and governance guidelines
▪ Provide leadership, management, and assistance to fund management team, enabling the firm to succeed as one team
▪ Collaborate with and provide support for internal and external teammates, stakeholders and service providers, including auditors, regulators, fund administrators, custodians, legal and tax advisors
▪ Execute investment portfolio in accordance with the firm's investment, governance, operational, risk, and management frameworks, codes, and guidelines
▪ Successful track record of managing at least 20 M USD AUM from at least five clients who are willing to sign on with the firm
▪ Recent track record, generating >$1M USD P&L with a Sharpe of 1.5+
▪ Min 5 -10 years of relevant asset management industry experience
▪ Ability to deploy and manage a strategy from inception.
▪ Expertise in alpha research, portfolio construction, optimization, risk management, trade execution and portfolio management.
▪ Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent as well as progress toward designations such as CPA, CFP , CFA, CIMA, CAIA and/or MBA.
▪ Experience working with High Net Worth and Family office clients and appropriate investment strategies
▪ Attributes we're looking for: Strong communications skills, personal drive and initiative, leadership and management skills, resourcefulness, integrity, teamwork, entrepreneurial spirit, market instinct, fresh insights, problem solving skills, adaptability, and ability to handle ambiguities and uncertainties