AVP - Strategic Finance
- Accomplish industry, company, structuring and event-driven situation (including M&A) analysis necessary for the identification of potential strategic financing mandates.
- Undertake the lead in developing the relevant analysis to show (inter alia) pro forma merger financials, sensitivity scenarios, the impact of potential reorganisations / disposals / IPO / synergies, key ratio (including credit rating agencies') analysis, liquidity to inform decision making at senior levels.
- As directed by the Deal Team Leader and in conjunction with other members of the deal team, take responsibility for supporting the execution of Strategic Finance mandates.
- Provide guidance and coaching for new and junior colleagues in the team (in particular, graduates on rotation)
- Build relationships throughout MUFG to establish a peer network, gather relevant information and help to ensure effective inter-departmental collaboration.
- Conduct initial compliance checks in line with internal and external processes and procedures
- Maintain (and lead where appropriate) the preparation and presentation of:
- The necessary client marketing and financing advisory materials (presentations, pitch books etc.)
- The supporting internal approval documents, in coordination with other deal team members.
- An established working knowledge of the corporate loan and debt capital markets, of M&A markets and of general M&A dynamics.
- An established accounting knowledge and competence as a financial modeller.
- A well organised team player with the ability to work on projects across varied industry sectors and with multiple individuals and counterparties.
- A creative thinker and a proactive idea generator.
Work Experience (Essential)
- Demonstrated and developing knowledge of corporate financing.
- Minimum 2 year experience in a relevant role, for example at a leading Acquisition Finance, M&A advisory or Structured Finance house.
- Bachelor's degree
- Appropriate professional qualifications advantageous e.g. CFA