Associate Product Manager
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Americas Product Management Department is a results-oriented team operating at the core of Invesco's investments business, focused on delivering a superior investment experience to our clients.
A Product Manager brings value to the firm and our clients in 3 critical ways:
(i) Providing ‘black belt' expertise in products, investments and industry knowledge to colleagues and our clients
(ii) Building strong relationships with and providing exceptional service quality to internal departments and colleagues, including investment teams, Product Development, Sales teams and Marketing
(iii) Being a passionate advocate for the success of our products in the market
Product Managers play an essential role in providing product support, communications, and investable ideas to our Sales teams and clients in the US and Canadian marketplaces. But beyond offering product support, our Product Managers bring a business owner's mindset to the products they cover, with the goal of helping every product be as successful as possible for our clients and for Invesco. The result is a multi-faceted, dynamic and challenging role that demands exceptional skills and creativity in communications, relationship building, and analytics, as well as being a passionate student of our industry, products, competition and the capital markets.
Do you love to work in a fast paced, semi-structured environment, where just about every day is different from the last? Do you love being a specialist with a passion for sharing your knowledge and expertise? Do you love to think creatively? To build a network of great relationships? Do you love to challenge the status quo and think of new ways to do things?
If this all gets you excited, then you'll be well suited to being a Product Manager at Invesco. But before you submit your application, you should know the following:
Excellence is par at Invesco. We are serious about providing a good work-life balance and flexibility, but the environment is demanding and you will be challenged. We want highly engaged, confident individuals who are passionately curious and continually striving to improve themselves, their work, and their environment. You may be a fantastic analyst, but you need great written and verbal communications skills to be truly effective. And you must love working collaboratively with other people, thrive in a team environment and enjoy building enduring relationships.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
As Associate Product Manager, you'll be responsible for coverage of a range of products managed by the Invesco US Growth team. You'll report to a seasoned Sr. Product Manager, and will support these products in both the US and global market places, in both retail and institutional channels. In this position, the Associate Product Manager may also provide support other fundamental equity teams as needed.
Product & Investments Expertise
- Be an internal expert on your products and asset classes - understand all aspects of the products, including pricing, structures, history, stage of life cycle, strengths & weaknesses, client exposures and sales trends, etc.
- Use attribution and risk analysis to understand the drivers of performance and portfolio positioning. Be able to clearly articulate what the current market environment means for your products
- Know the competitive landscape/peer group; stay current on market trends and competitive developments. Be able to clearly articulate what differentiates our products from the competition
- Provide regular updates and product content such as commentaries and RFPs/RFIs
Relationships & Service Quality
- Provide an exceptional service experience to all colleagues and clients
- Cultivate excellent relationships with investment teams, Client Portfolio Managers and other departments: Sales, Marketing, Product teams, Compliance, Legal, etc.
- Act as a conduit for feedback between Sales/clients and internal teams
- Continually hone your verbal and written communications skills
- Have a business owner's mindset - maintain a plan to support key products
- Create actionable, value-added insights on products, along with competitive and market opportunities, to our client-facing teams
- Support investment teams with presentations and other materials, applying creativity to continually evolve messaging to adapt to client needs and opportunities
- Build and maintain a stable of great marketing materials in conjunction with Marketing to support your products
- Provide Sales with product expertise for client opportunities, and participate as needed in direct client-facing meetings
- Partner with Product Development for launch of new products, including product positioning, marketing materials and sales training
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in the financial services industry, with at least one year of product management or related experience on investment products
- Will consider candidates with more experience at the Product Manager level
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with external financial software such as Morningstar and Lipper
- Strong understanding of financial markets, investment concepts and styles
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in business or related discipline
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Interest in the CFA program or in the pursuit of an MBA is preferred
- Series 7 and 65 required within 6 months of employment required
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.